Setting expectations with your customers is a huge part of running a fishing charter. That’s why our latest My Trips update lets you show exactly what fish customers can target on each trip with you. Before, you could only display target fish species on your listing as a whole. Some customers would rely on this information rather than the details in each trip description, which gave them the wrong idea about what they might be targeting.
For example, some customers would see Marlin displayed on a listing and assume they’d have a big game fishing experience on a shorter, cheaper inshore trip. There wasn’t a way to display targeted fish in more detail, or show what could be caught on each trip.
So, what’s new?
With the latest My Trips update, you can select specific fish species for each trip you run. These details will be visible when customers select and book a trip, so they know exactly what they’ll be targeting, whether it’s a short trip close to shore or a deep sea excursion.
Each trip description will show a list of target species, complete with the name of each fish and an image to make them really stand out!
How do I add these images to my trips?
- Using the My Trips app, click on Edit Listing;
- Click the blue “Edit” text next to Trips;
- Decide which trip you’d like to add species to (e.g. “Half Day Trip – Inshore”), and click the blue bolded “Edit” text;
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you’ll see the new Targeted Species section:
- Click on “Add targeted species,” which will take you to the following screen:
- Then, either select a recommended species from the top section, or type in the name of the fish you want to tag before selecting it. Save your changes, and repeat the process for all of your trips!
You can also follow our walkthrough video below:
Note: When you go to add species to your trips, the fish you’ve already tagged on your listing will show up as recommended options. If you want to add other species that aren’t currently on your listing, you can type in the name of the fish and add it to the trip. You may need to do this if you target more than 12 species overall.
Make sure you have the latest version of the My Trips app to start adding fish to your trips now!
We hope you’ll find our latest update useful. As always, feel free to let us know if you have any questions or comments.