Key West is home to a wide range of gorgeous fish species that are just waiting for the right angler to show up and give them a proper fight. Reel Smoker is here to give you just that – Captain John Jr. has fished this area his whole life and is keen to show you the hottest spots and put you on the best bite.
Join him aboard their brand new, 2019-edition 28’ center console, made by Blue Wave boatworks. She’s powered by a 350 HP Mercury engine, that allows the boat to travel at a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots. She’s spacious and allows for up to 6 anglers to fish in comfort, without tangling lines. Outriggers are there to give you an extra reach when trolling. A live bait well will keep your bait alive and kicking, so you can just focus on the fishing. If the sun gets a bit too hot, the t-top will provide shade.
Captain John Jackson Jr. will take you after a wide range of excellent fish that live in this area. You can target Amberjacks, Cobias, Mahi Mahi, Barracuda, Jack Crevalles, Kingfish, Permits, Snappers, Groupers, Sharks, Tarpon, and many other species. To land these big boys you can try several different techniques, like spinning, bottom fishing, and drift fishing, all while using light or heavy tackle.
The Silver King is one of the stars of the show with Reel Smoker and it can be targeted year-round, however, the best fishing for Tarpon in this area is between March and July.
Live bait is either prepared before you arrive or caught during the trip, but always included in the price. All rods, reels, and tackle needed will be provided by the captain. There’s no minimum age for kids with Reel Smoker and anglers of all ages and skill levels are invited to join them on this exciting fishing adventure!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Blue Wave (Center console) originally built in 2019. Powered by a 350HP Mercury engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and avoid any additional costs or unnecessary hassle with carrying cash.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Key West Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Reel Smoker
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip - Sunset Tarpon (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- $1,000 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- $1,100 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Split Full Day Trip - Tarpon (8 hours)
- $1,200 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Full Day Trip - Marquesas (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Water)
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Goliath)
- Jack Crevalle
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)