SpotX Fishing Charters has been getting groups on that fish of a lifetime for well over 30 years. They offer a range of trips targeting the best fish the Bay of Islands and the Three Kings can throw at you. Step aboard for anything from five hours to five days, and go after species as varied as Kingfish and Swordfish. You won’t find a better crew or a wider mix of trips anywhere else in the Bay.
Spend your charter aboard the “Screaming Reels”, a 40’ Black Watch sportfishing boat built in 1997 and well maintained ever since. She is powered by twin 430 HP Cummins engines up to an impressive cruising speed of 30 knots – no long waits to get offshore here! The vessel has room for up to 10 guests on day trips. They limit multi-day charters to four anglers to make sure everyone has a great time.
What you target will depend on the trip you choose, with every charter visiting the best spots for a certain style of fishing. On shorter trips, you will be fishing the bay for tasty Snapper or heading further out for Kingfish (Yellowtail Amberjack). Book in for a 10-hour trip, or a multi-day adventure, and you will be fishing around the renowned Three Kings for Marlin, Mahi Mahi, Swordfish, and other big game pelagics.
Whichever trip you choose, you can rely on a spacious, comfortable boat stocked with a wide range of tech and equipment to help you bring in the best of each species. All rods, reels, tackle, bait, and fishing licenses are included on every charter. Your fish will be also be cleaned and filleted free of charge at the end of the trip.
So whether you’re after a half-day stint catching something tasty for dinner or a multi-day marathon battling some of the biggest fish in the sea, you can’t go wrong with SpotX Fishing Charters.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Black Watch (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1997. Powered by 2 430HP Cummins diesel engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Russell Fishing Calendar
FAQs about SpotX Fishing Charters - Screaming Reels
- NZ $310 per person - 6 Hour Trip – Kingfish (Shared) (6 hours)
- NZ $450 per person - Hapuku trip, shared (8 hours)
- NZ $750 per person - 10 Hour Trip – Game Fish (Shared) (10 hours)
- NZ $1,350 per group, additional NZ $120 per person after 8 guests - 5 Hour Trip – Snapper (5 hours)
- NZ $1,500 per group, additional NZ $150 per person after 5 guests - 6 Hour Trip – Kingfish (6 hours)
- NZ $1,900 per group, additional NZ $150 per person after 4 guests - Hapuku trip, private (8 hours)
- NZ $2,500 per group, additional NZ $250 per person after 4 guests - 10 Hour Trip – Game Fish (10 hours)
- Air Conditioning
- Fighting Chair
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System
- Tuna Tubes
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Nuts; only for full or multi-day trips)
- Drinks (Water; only for full or multi-day trips)
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (Striped)
- Snapper (Pink)
- Yellowtail Amberjack