Gatun Sportfishing Lodge sits deep in the heart of Panama’s greatest fishery - the sprawling, murky waters of Lake Gatun. This artificial lake system is home to an amazing variety of gamefish. Where else could you target Peacock Bass and Tarpon on the same trip? And these guys have much more going for them than the lake they fish!
You will be picked up from Panama City and will be brought to the lodge free of charge from central locations. You will be supplied with all the tackle, lures, licenses, food, and soft drinks you will need for the day. In short, the Gatun Sportfishing team has thought of everything so you don’t have to.
You will have plenty to focus on, though, with monster Tarpon, Snook, Jack Crevalle, and Peacock Bass hunting the lake for hooks to bite. To bring them in, you will be given a choice of light spinning or casting tackle, and a variety of lures to suit all each species. There is also the option to buy bait for around $15 extra.
If you’re looking for the ultimate angling adventure, you can’t beat Gatun Lodge’s multi-day packages. These trips are for up to two anglers and will have you fishing all day long without the long travel times in between. After each day, you can relax at the lodge and enjoy a delicious cooked meal.
At the end of your trip, your fish will be cleaned and filleted (tips are greatly appreciated) and you will be taken back to Panama City to enjoy the fruits of your labor and talk over the incredible hookups you experienced. One thing’s for sure: with so many incredible fish here, you sure will have plenty to talk about!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Glastron (Center console) originally built in 1995, and restored in 2019. Powered by a 40HP Evinrude engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 21 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
FAQs about Gatún Sportfishing Lodge
- $245 per day per person - 3 Day Trip - MAX 2 (3 days)
- $295 per group, additional $45 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (5 hours)
- $295 per group, additional $45 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (5 hours)
- $399 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System (Bluetooth stereo)
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (Minows Available for purchase )
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Not availibale in the Green season special)
- Drinks (Not availibale in the Green season special)
- Fishing License (Fishing license not requiered)
- Lunch (lunch on the boat (full day only))
- Lake Fishing (Lake Gatún, at the Panama Canal)
- Light Tackle (Light spinning and casting tackle available)
- Bass (Peacock)
- Jack Crevalle