Captain Mac is operated by Capt. Joe McNamee and Capt. Joseph Safaryn. At the age of 19, Joe got his first captain’s license and since then, he has been mastering his cast and exploring the waters from Cape May to Brigantine, gaining the necessary knowledge. If you are looking for an experienced captain who knows the area like the back of his hand, you have found the right place.
The “Captain Mac II” will be your boat for the day. She is a 27’ Shamrock powered by a 315 HP Yanmar engine. Captain Mac II features state-of-the-art navigational electronics and fishfinding technologies on board. All tackle and bait will be supplied for you and your party but if you have your own “lucky rod and reel” – feel free to bring them along.
Captain Mac offers a variety of fishing trips that could suit any angler’s needs. A complete beginner or seasoned veteran, everyone is welcome to join in the adventure. All you need to bring is lunch, your favorite drinks, and a sweatshirt – it could be cool on the ocean. The crew will take care of the rest.
Your day out on the water will see you concentrating on local species in season such as: Bluefish, Flounder, Sea Bass, Blackfish, Croakers, Weakfish, Triggerfish, Tuna, Mahi-Mahi, Drumfish and Striped Bass. You might even catch some Sharks. All you have to do is show up.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Shamrock (Saltwater fishing) originally built in 2001. Powered by a 315HP Yanmar engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 23 knots.
Types of fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Cape May Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Captain Mac
- $600 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Blackfish (4 hours)
- $600 per group - 4 Hour Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group - 4 Hour Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $650 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Shark Fishing (5 hours)
- $650 per group - 6 Hour Drumfish Trip (6 hours)
- $750 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Blackfish (6 hours)
- $850 per group - 8 Hour Drumfish Trip (8 hours)
- $900 per group - Full Day Striped Bass Trip (8 hours)
- $1,000 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Blackfish (8 hours)
- $1,150 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Fall Seabass (8 hours)
- $1,150 per group - Full Day Trip – Seabass Spring (8 hours)
- Toilet Private
- Ice Box Cooler
- Life Jackets
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn, Shimano)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (On 4+ hours)
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Flounder Gigging
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Bass (Striped)
- Black Drum
- Seabass (Black)
- Shark (Great White)