Heliox Fishing Charter – Struisbaai
Heliox Fishing Charter operates from various locations just a couple of hours from Cape Town. On your day with their knowledgeable captain, you will be able to set your personal record and create memories on the waters out of Struisbaai.
Launching out of this old fishing village, you will be able to enjoy some fantastic fishing grounds that the southernmost point of the African continent has to offer. Explore the waters of 5-6 Mile Banks, Die Mond, and Halfway House, chase Yellowtail at Skipskop, or head all the way out to the Alphard Bank. These fishing spots hold anything from Yellowfin, Longfin, Bigeye, and Skipjack Tuna to Marlin, and Mahi Mahi, as well as Red Steenbras and Kabeljou.
The beautiful ‘Heliox’ is a 25’ Carry Cat with 360-degree fishability. She is a seaworthy vessel with twin 100 HP Mercury engines. The Heliox is fully outfitted with a range of top-notch electronics, safety equipment, and professional gear and tackle to put you on fish.
Bring up to 8 fishing buddies and get ready for a fun-filled adventure. Check the bite while fishing the inshore waters around Die Mond or head further out up to 42 miles from the marina and explore the water of the Alphard Bank. Trips include gear, tackle, lures, and fishing licenses, as well as live bait that you will be able to catch as part of your fishing trip. Chips, sandwiches, soft drinks, and water will also be available on board.
Once you are done filling the cooler, the captain will advise which fish you can keep, and all keeper fish will be cleaned by the captain.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Carry Cat (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 2015. Powered by 2 100HP Mercury engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 32 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Struisbaai Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Heliox Fishing Charter – Struisbaai
- ZAR 8,000 per group, additional ZAR 2,500 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip - Die Mond (5 hours)
- ZAR 8,000 per group, additional ZAR 2,500 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip - 5 Mile Bank (5 hours)
- ZAR 8,500 per group, additional ZAR 2,500 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip - 6 Mile Bank (5 hours)
- ZAR 10,000 per group, additional ZAR 2,500 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip – 12 Mile Bank (8 hours)
- ZAR 10,000 per group, additional ZAR 2,500 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip – Skipskop (8 hours)
- ZAR 10,500 per group, additional ZAR 2,500 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip – Halfway House (8 hours)
- ZAR 14,000 per group, additional ZAR 2,500 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip – Alphard Bank (8 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Spearfishing Equipment
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (Caught during the trip)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Chips)
- Drinks (Water and soft drinks)
- Fishing License
- Lunch (Sandwiches)
- Inshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (Indian Ocean, 40 miles offshore)
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Spearfishing (Experience required, min. age is 12, 2 guns)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Black)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Tuna (Albacore)
- Tuna (Bigeye)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack