San Diego has long been known as a fisherman’s paradise, and if you’re looking for a trip that will help you discover these beautiful, bountiful waters, then Western Star Sportfishing charters will make your dreams come true! Whether you want to cruise the local waters for Rockfish and Halibut, or head out to the Coronado Islands to battle game fish like the famous Yellowtail, Captain Kerim Hussainy has just the adventure for you.
Capt. Kerim has been fishing these waters for around 15 years, and has been a licensed captain for 5 of these. He has a true passion for sport fishing, so whether you’re a newbie or an experienced angler with some big battles under your belt, he can’t wait to have you onboard and fighting some big fish! Trips range from 6 hours to a whopping 2 and a half days, so no matter your skill level, you’ll find an option that fits you.
You’ll be undertaking your adventure on a luxurious, fully refurbished 42’ Ventura flybridge, equipped with all the necessary safety and navigational gear such as a GPS, fishfinder, and icebox to store your catch. She can comfortably accommodate 6 anglers, and you’ll all be able to fish at the same time—perfect for some competitive sport fishing!
If you opt for one of Capt. Kerim’s overnight trips, you and your fellow guests will each have your own bunk to rest up in. There’s a full head onboard, as well as a separate shower stall. All meals are included, too, so you’ll be able to keep up your energy to battle whatever’s biting.
Budding anglers of any age are welcome to come along, so bring the kids – lifejackets are provided, and a first mate will be on hand to make sure you really get the most out of your adventure. You’ll be provided with top-of-the-line Penn fishing equipment, so you can jig, troll, pop, and more to your heart’s content. If you want to try fly-fishing, your captain is happy to teach you.
Come aboard Western Star Sportfishing charters, and experience San Diego fishing at its finest!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Ventura (Flybridge) originally built in 1989, and restored in 2016. Powered by 2 400HP Detroit Diesel engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 22 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
San Diego Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Western Star Sportfishing
- $1,200 per group - Half Day Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- $1,200 per group - Half Day Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $2,000 per group - Full Day Trip (Local) (9 hours)
- $2,600 per group - Full Day Trip – Coronado Islands (12 hours)
- $2,600 per group - Full Day Trip – Offshore (12 hours)
- $3,200 per group - Overnight Trip (24 hours)
- $4,200 per day per group - Multi-Day Trip (1 1/2 Days) (2 days)
- $5,200 per day per group - Multi-Day Trip (2 Days) (9 days)
- $6,200 per day per group - Multi-Day Trip (2 1/2 Days) (3 days)
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn)
- Live Bait (Picked up during the trip, ready in advance)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Continental breakfast)
- Drinks (Bottled water, soda)
- First Mate
- Lunch (Hot lunch)
- Inshore Fishing (Bass , halibut )
- Nearshore Fishing (Shark fishing)
- Offshore Fishing (Tuna, mahi mahi , yellowtail , skip jack)
- Reef Fishing (Assorted rockfish and grouper)
- Wreck Fishing (Assorted rockfish and grouper)
- Light Tackle (Bass gear by abu Garcia )
- Heavy Tackle (Top of the line penn reels to 80w )
- Bottom Fishing (Deep drop gear)
- Trolling (Assorted jigs when needed)
- Jigging (Surface and sinking)
- Popping (Popping platform on the bow)
- Fly Fishing (Bow with plenty of room for casting)
- Drift Fishing (Our most common form of fishing offshore)
- Kite Fishing (The Technique we use for large tuna)
- Spearfishing (Must bring own equipment )
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Calico Bass
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Seabass (White)
- Shark (Mako)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack