When you’re ready to cast your line in a lake that is almost the size of Singapore, Taupo Lake is the place to go to. With breathtaking views, excellent fishery, and a great charter operation like Fish Taupo to take you to the best bite, you’re in for a fishing adventure like no other.
Join Captain Marty Staines on his 28’ Weekender and allow a local, knowledgeable guide show you around and get you to the most productive fishing grounds. The boat is a solid vessel with plenty of fishing room for up to 5 anglers to reel in their catch and a strong 350 HP Mercruiser engine to cut through the waves easily.
“Stratus” has got a private toilet, as well as a galley well-suited for making complimentary tea and coffee for everyone on board. She’s rigged with a quality navigational equipment to stay on the fish’s trail, and when you get there, you’ll have Shimano rods, reels, and tackle to hook your prey. After the trip, you will get your catch cleaned and bagged, all you need to do is figure out how to cook it.
On expeditions with Capt. Marty, you will mostly be chasing Rainbow Trout, as well as Brown Trout. These fish are the superstars of Lake Taupo, and if you decide to go on longer trips, you will venture further from the shore, if the weather allows. Trolling, jigging, and light tackle are the name of the game, and you will have plenty of opportunities to hone your skills in these fishing techniques.
Before you set off to enjoy Lake Taupo, you need a fishing license, and you can either buy it on land, or your captain can provide you with one, to make your life easier. Capt. Marty will show you around the most beautiful sites on the lake and it will be hard to go home after you come back to the dock.
Bring your kids along for a fishing adventure and create some amazing memories with Fish Taupo charters!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Rayglass (Weekender) originally built in 1999. Powered by a 350HP Mercruiser engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 28 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Taupo Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Fish Taupo
- NZ $260 per group - 2 Hour Trip – Tester (9 AM) (2 hours)
- NZ $260 per group - 2 Hour Trip – Tester (AM) (2 hours)
- NZ $260 per group - 2 Hour Trip – Tester (PM) (2 hours)
- NZ $375 per group - 3 Hour Trip – Special (AM) (3 hours)
- NZ $375 per group - 3 Hour Trip – Special (PM) (3 hours)
- NZ $500 per group - 4 Hr Trip–Let's Get Out There (AM) (4 hours)
- NZ $500 per group - 4 Hr Trip–Let's Get Out There (PM) (4 hours)
- NZ $625 per group - 5 Hour Trip (5 hours)
- NZ $880 per group - 8 Hour Trip (8 hours)
- Toilet (Fully enclosed for privacy)
- Kitchen (Good for making tea or coffee)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Your catch of the day cleaned and bagged for you)
- Drinks (Complimentary tea and coffee.)
- Lake Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Brown Trout
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)