Spend a terrific day exploring Alabama’s Gulf Shores with Hookmaster Charters. Captain Mac Bankey will guide you through the inshore and nearshore waters of this beautiful area. If you are a fishing first-timer you are at the right place – Capt. Mac enjoys teaching people how to fish and he will get you “hooked.”
This charter is family-friendly and your kids will love it. Captain Mac cherishes the fact that numerous kids have caught their very first fish on his boat. Please note, the children have to be at least 6 years old. Full of patience, he will teach them the basics of fishing and inspire their love for the outdoors. After this trip you may just have to buy a mini fishing rod.
As soon as you are aboard, Capt. Mac will give you a short introduction and a safety run. His 22’ center console is powered by a 200 HP Suzuki engine and accommodates up to 4 guests. Capt. Mac usually prepares live bait before the trip. If you want an extra layer of fun, you can also choose to catch it together with him once the trip starts.
The captain provides Shimano and Shakespeare fishing rods and cleans your catch after the trip. If you want to do flyfishing, please bring your own equipment. You’ll mostly fish for Red Snapper, Flounder, Sheepshead, Redfish, Mackerel, and/or Jack Crevalle.
Hookmaster Charters runs trips both in the morning and the afternoon, every day, year round. Capt. Mac is here to help you learn a new skill, brag with your catch, or simply have a fun day with your friends and family. Book your trip and create a new memory!
Departure from the public boat launch next to Ft. Gaines, Dauphin Island is possible as well. Contact Capt. Mac for more details!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Triton Sea Flight (Center console) originally built in 2002. Powered by a 200HP Suzuki 2020 engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 43 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 3 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Gulf Shores Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Hookmaster Charters
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip - Snapper (AM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip - Snapper (PM) (4 hours)
- $700 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $700 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 3/4 Day Trip - Snapper (AM) (6 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 3/4 Day Trip - Snapper (PM) (6 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box Cooler two
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Jack Crevalle
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Shark (Bonnethead)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Red)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Speckled Trout