Join Top Gear Fishing Charters for a perfect day out on the water. This Main Beach based operation focuses on running a professional safe boat and business. With over 45 years of industry experience, Captain Brian Gills and his crew are here to share their wealth of knowledge and experience with you.
Their 38’ Berjun boat is an award-winning, purpose-built fishing vessel that has a powerful 420 HP Caterpillar engine. This energy efficient motor ensures low noise and no outboard fumes. The boat is stable, reliable, and designed for the open oceans of Western Australia. Undercover seating and roll-down sides will keep you cool and dry, while the large fishing deck offers plenty of room to move for up to 12 guests.
Captain Brian will provide fresh and live bait and the latest Penn and Shimano reels. There are reels for left-handed guests as well.
You will mostly target species such as Snapper, Flathead, Cobia, Kingfish, Goliath Grouper, Tailor, Grassy Sweetlip, Wrasse, Teraglin, Marlin, Mackerel, Tuna, and lots more. If the fish aren’t biting in one spot, the crew will move around to find the ones that are. Based on what you catch, Capt. Brian will gladly share his favourite fish recipes.
The boat is wheelchair accessible and it has a side door to make getting on the boat easy. Capt. Brian encourages everyone to come fishing with him. Just contact him before the trip and speak of your needs. He will always find a way to make fishing possible for anyone eager to join him on the water.
The Top Gear Fishing Charters team runs trips year-round. Capt. Brian and his team make sure that everybody on their boat has a great time, whether you are a beginner or a fishing veteran. You only need to bring a smile and a sense of humour for a great day out.
What are you waiting for?
Let’s Go Fishing!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Randell (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1982. Powered by a 420HP Caterpillar engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 16 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Gold Coast Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Top Gear Fishing Charters
- AU $150 per person - Half Day Trip (AM) (5 hours)
- AU $150 per person - Half Day Trip (PM) (5 hours)
- AU $1,350 per group - Half Day Private Trip (5 hours)
- AU $1,700 per group - 3/4 Day Private Trip (7 hours)
- AU $2,200 per group - Full Day Trip (9 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Latest technology, Quality gear)
- Live Bait (Maximise our chances)
- Lures (We fillet & share any big fish)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Cleaned & Iced asap for Quality)
- Snacks (Light snacks available)
- Drinks (Water & Soft drinks supplied)
- First Mate (Tips are appreciated)
- Inshore Fishing (Rough weather alternative. )
- Nearshore Fishing (Snapper, Pelagics)
- Offshore Fishing (Kingfish, Snapper, Cobia)
- Reef Fishing (Mixture, Quality Fish)
- Wreck Fishing (Big Fish, Live bait.)
- Light Tackle (Bait, Livies, Plastics)
- Heavy Tackle (Lures, and Skirts)
- Bottom Fishing (Various species, Snapper)
- Trolling (Seasonal, Pelagics)
- Spinning (Surface fish, Tuna, Mahi Mahi)
- Jigging (Snapper, Kingfish, Cobia)
- Popping (Giant Trevally)
- Drift Fishing (Covering a large area)
- Deep Sea Fishing (45 Years experience)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Black)
- Pearl Perch
- Snapper (Pink)
- Spanish Mackerel (Narrow-barred)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack