Come have an exciting, fish-filled day with Captain Matthew Yaquinto! Capt. Matthew grew up fishing the waters of Tampa Bay, and he can’t wait to share his local tips and tricks with you. Whether you’re an experienced angler looking for some top-notch Floridian fishing, or want to take your family on the vacation of a lifetime, Capt. Matthew can’t wait to welcome you aboard Sunstate Fishing Charters for the trip of a lifetime.
Capt. Matthew comes from a family of fishermen, and has had generations of knowledge passed down to him. Join him for an adventure, and he’ll have you cruising the backcountry, flats, and bay waters for your dream catch. He offers angling trips that are suitable for hardened fishermen and families looking for a fun day on the water alike – all he asks is that you bring a smile and a readiness to reel ‘em in!
You’ll be cruising on board your captain’s 23’ Skeeter SX230, perfectly built to accommodate 6 guests, as well as exploring a variety of waters. Four members of your group will be able to fish at the same time, allowing plenty of angling action, as well as some much-needed relaxation! Your vessel is decked out with top-of-the-line safety and navigational gear, including GPS to get you on fish, and life jackets for little ones.
Once you arrive at the fishing hotspots, you’ll have the chance to reel in some world-famous Floridian favorites! Get ready to come face-to-gills with Snook, Speckled Trout, Tripletail, Redfish, Gag Grouper (Dec – Feb is a great time to hook these fish!), and even the “Silver King” (Tarpon), plus plenty more. Your captain will be on hand to show you the best techniques to use, along with some local tips he’s picked up. Even little ones will be able to reel in their first ever catch!
Your trip includes everything you need for an exciting day on the water – rods, reels, tackle, bait, and a valid fishing license for all guests. Come aboard Sunstate Fishing Charters and get ready to make some memories!
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Skeeter 230SX (Saltwater fishing) originally built in 2017. Powered by a 200HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 50 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 30 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 1.5% fee.
Tampa Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Sunstate Fishing Charters
- $500 per group, additional $150 per person after 3 guests - Goliath Grouper (4 hours)
- $500 per group - Half Day (AM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $150 per person after 3 guests - Half Day (PM) (3 hours)
- $600 per group - Night Fishing Trip (4 hours)
- $600 per group - Shark Fishing (4 hours)
- $800 per group - Half Day Tarpon (5 hours)
- $900 per group, additional $150 per person after 3 guests - Full Day (6 hours)
- Fishfinder (Garmin)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box (For your snacks and drinks cooler full of ice)
- Rods, reels & tackle (You can also bring your own)
- Live Bait (catch bait every morning before your arrival)
- Lures (use all live bait but have artificial if a must)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Tips appreciated )
- Drinks (I supply bottled water and cooler full of ice)
- Fishing License (you are covered by my license)
- Lunch (on you )
- River Fishing (I run out of the Alifia river into Tampabay)
- Inshore Fishing (All year)
- Nearshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing (depends on species and time of year)
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing (All year, good fishing )
- Backcountry Fishing (Come see the backwaters )
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Trolling (winter time for grouper only )
- Black Drum
- Grouper (Goliath)
- Snapper (Mangrove)