“La Siesta Tours?” More like La Fiesta Tours! Get ready for a thrilling Caribbean fishing adventure, as you head out of Puerto Morelos in search of some of the ocean’s biggest, most-prized fish. You’ll have your hands full all day long, as you put your fishing skills to the test in these crystal clear waters.
Who better to show you around than a local guide? Captain Rafael has been fishing the Caribbean for over 20 years, picking up a slew of trophies along the way. Along with first mate, Chester, he promises a first-class service, attending to all your needs and getting you on the biggest fish.
There’s space aboard the 40’ Viking motor yacht for up to 10 guests, allowing you to bring your nearest and dearest to enjoy the incredible fishing. Take advantage of the spacious, comfortable cabin and make yourselves at home. The crew will provide plenty of drinks, including beer during your journey – with snacks and ceviche prepared on longer trips!
Using the downriggers and outriggers, you’ll troll the open waters with 5 lines in the water. Take it in turns to battle it out with whatever’s at the end of your line, and make use of the fighting chair to give you the edge.
You’ll need all the help you can get as none of the fish here will give up without a fight. Tough-fighting Sharks, Barracuda, and Amberjacks promise a tough encounter, but just wait until you go up against a Mahi Mahi or even a Marlin or Sailfish. These prized fish are truly a joy to behold, and the image of one leaping out of the water will stay with you forever.
If you’re looking for a tasty treat, don’t worry, there are plenty of Snappers and Groupers to target, too. At the end of the day, the first mate will even clean and fillet your catch for you to take back to shore.
Everything you need for a productive day awaits you on board. Bring the whole family and settle in for the trip of a lifetime with La Siesta Tours!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Viking Yacht Company (Motor yacht) originally built in 1979, and restored in 2018. Powered by 2 700HP Detroit engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 20 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 25% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Puerto Morelos Fishing Calendar
FAQs about La Siesta Tours
- $495 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip – 4 People MAX (4 hours)
- $595 per group, additional $50 per person after 6 guests - 4 Hour Trip – 6 People MAX (4 hours)
- $645 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hour Trip – 4 People MAX (6 hours)
- $695 per group, additional $50 per person after 8 guests - 4 Hour Trip – 8 People MAX (8 hours)
- $745 per group, additional $50 per person after 6 guests - 6 Hour Trip – 6 People MAX (6 hours)
- $795 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour Trip – 4 People MAX (8 hours)
- $845 per group, additional $50 per person after 8 guests - 6 Hour Tour - 8 People MAX (6 hours)
- $895 per group - 4 Hour Trip – 10 People MAX (4 hours)
- $895 per group, additional $50 per person after 6 guests - 8 Hour Trip – 6 People MAX (8 hours)
- $945 per group - 6 Hour Trip – 10 People MAX (6 hours)
- $1,001 per group, additional $50 per person after 1 guest - 8 Hour Trip - 8 People MAX (8 hours)
- $1,260 per group - 8 Hour Trip – 10 People MAX (8 hours)
- Fighting Chair
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate (Tips of at least $20 expected)
- Fishing License
- Nearshore Fishing (Just past the reerf of Puerto Morelos.)
- Bottom Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Goliath)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (White)
- Shark (Hammerhead)
- Snapper (Cubera)