Whether you’re looking for a memory-making family vacation, a day with fishing buddies, or a business outing, Hot Pursuit Charter Fishing offers an exceptional angling experience for guests of all ages and skill levels. Located in Chesapeake Beach and Edgewater, MD, this charter specializes in trips for up to 20 guests – so if you’ve always wanted to hook Striped Bass of your dreams alongside your family and friends, come aboard!
Captain Don Johnson is at the helm of Hot Pursuit Charter Fishing. He’s been fishing the Chesapeake Bay since he was 10 years old and turned this passion for angling into a career as a captain in 2003. Whether you’re a brand new angler or want to test your skills against these famous waters, Capt. Don has something to offer every guest.
You’ll be exploring the bay on a 46’ Markley custom fishing vessel, capable of accommodating up to 20 guests. She’s powered by twin 450HP Cummins engines that, paired with quality electronics, will get you to the hottest fishing spots in no time. There is plenty of room to spread out as your vessel has an upper-level bridge where you can relax and enjoy the view as you wait to reel ‘em in!
Capt. Don specializes in hooking the bay’s famous fish using a variety of techniques including trolling, chumming, jigging, or bottom fishing. Rockfish is the primary target from May 1 - July 15 and August 1 - December 10. During the summer months, you can also catch Perch, Spot, Bluefish, and Spanish Mackerel. Don’t worry if you’re a new angler – your captain will be on hand to show you the best techniques.
You’ll be provided with top-notch rods and reels, as well as bait, and a fishing license. Capt. Don offers flexible starting times as well as weekday discounts. Grab your favorite snacks, your family and friends, and join Hot Pursuit Charter Fishing for an incredible adventure!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Markley (Commercial) originally built in 1993. Powered by 2 450HP Cummins engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 26 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Edgewater Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Hot Pursuit Charter Fishing
- $700 per group, additional $85 per person after 6 guests - 6 Hour Trip – Weekday (6 hours)
- $700 per group, additional $85 per person after 6 guests - 6 Hour Trip- Afternoon departure (6 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $85 per person after 6 guests - 7 Hour Trip – Weekday (7 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $85 per person after 6 guests - 7 Hour Trip – Weekday (copy) (7 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $80 per person after 6 guests - 7 Hour Trip – Weekday (copy) (7 hours)
- $835 per group, additional $85 per person after 6 guests - 8 Hour Trip – Weekday (8 hours)
- $835 per group, additional $85 per person after 6 guests - 8 Hour Trip – Weekday (copy) (8 hours)
- $875 per group, additional $85 per person after 6 guests - 8 Hour Trip – Weekend (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well (when available)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- First Mate (15-20% gratuity not included)
- Fishing License
- Nearshore Fishing (Chesapeake Bay)
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Bass (Striped)
- Perch (White)