Southwest Florida is known around the world for its incredible wildlife and angling opportunities. There’s no easier way to get in on the action than by taking advantage of local knowledge and expertise. Join Captain Matt Hawksley, one of Sanibel Island’s top fishing guides, and get ready to reel in some serious fish aboard Capt Matt’s Island Charters!
Capt. Matt has been catching fish in Southwest Florida since he could hold a fishing rod. As a 3rd generation local angler who has guided thousands of fishing trips in and around Sanibel, Captiva and Ft. Myers, this captain has the experience necessary to put you on the fish of a lifetime. After years of partnering with biologists and naturalists to lead guided trips in the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge & Tarpon Bay, Capt. Matt is also particularly knowledgeable about the local ecosystem and wildlife.
You’ll fish aboard a 22’ Maverick Pathfinder center console, a performance vessel designed to stalk fish anywhere from Southwest Florida’s famous shallows, to far offshore. She’s decked out with top notch safety and navigational equipment, as well as cutting-edge features including side-scan imaging, 3-D imaging, Chirp sonar, power-pole, trolling motor, drone photography and more.
Enjoy using quality, high-performance equipment and tackle. Penn Spinfisher reels, star rods, Power-Pro braided line, Yo-Zuri flouro-carbon and Trokar laser-sharpened hooks will ensure that when your trophy fish bites, you’ll be ready to land it.
Also don’t forget to ask Capt. Matt about shelling trips, eco-excursions, sightseeing, and visits to the local Calusa Indian mound sites.
So whether you’re interested in catching your biggest saltwater fish, or just want to enjoy a day on the water with your family and friends, Capt. Matt will make sure your excursion is the highlight of your Florida trip. Come aboard!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Maverick Pathfinder (Center console) originally built in 2015. Powered by a 150HP Yamaha fourstroke engine.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
Sanibel Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Capt Matt's Island Charters – Sanibel
- $500 per group - 3-4 Hour Trip – Sightseeing (AM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group - 3-4 Hour Trip – Sightseeing (PM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Shelling (AM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Shelling (PM) (4 hours)
- $550 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip - Fishing (AM) (4 hours)
- $550 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip - Fishing (PM) (4 hours)
- $625 per group - 5-6 Hour Trip – Shelling/Lunch (5 hours)
- $700 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hour Trip - Custom (6 hours)
- $700 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hour Trip - Fishing (6 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hour Trip - Tarpon (6 hours)
- $900 per group, additional $75 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour Trip - Fishing (8 hours)
- $1,000 per group, additional $75 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour Trip - Tarpon (8 hours)
- Fighting Chair
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn, Daiwa, Spinfisher)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (I provide some drinking water )
- Fishing License
- River Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (Up to 9 miles, weather permitting)
- Reef Fishing (Weather permitting)
- Wreck Fishing (Weather permitting)
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing (Bring your own equipment)
- Drift Fishing
- Spearfishing (Bring your own equipment)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Grouper (Gag)
- Grouper (Goliath)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Shark (Hammerhead)
- Shark (Tiger)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Speckled Trout