If you’re in need of some ‘Reel therapy’, Out N About Sportfishing have a trip for you! Captain Syd McMonnies is here to offer you his expertise by showing you a range of fishing techniques and sharing his knowledge of the area’s ecosystem. He runs private and shared charters year round.
Capt. Syd welcomes you aboard his 20’ Stabicraft boat. Newly restored in 2018, she’s powered by a 150 HP Yamaha engine and accommodates up to 6 guests. She also features an ice box, live bait tank, safety equipment, and navigational electronics.
All tours depart from the public pontoon on Ashford Avenue and you can choose where you want to go – upstream for river fishing or target saltwater species on the reefs, wrecks, flats, and inshore waters.
Fishing on the fringing coastal reefs will get you the famed Coral Trout, Nannygai, and pelagic fish, such as Spanish Mackerel, Tuna, Cobia, Queenfish, and Trevally. Stay on the Port Douglas estuary and target an elusive Barramundi, Queenfish, Mangrove Jack, Fingermark, and Tarpon.
Your captain will provide your fishing equipment and live bait. There’s also going to be some fresh water and soft drinks on the boat but feel free to bring your own drinks and snacks.
Out N About Sportfishing gives everyone a chance to get out on the water and enjoy the beautiful surroundings while pulling in a line. The trips are personalized for both novices and experienced anglers.
Fishing is a ‘must do’ while visiting Port Douglas. Contact Capt. Syd and experience the area in the best way possible.
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Stabicraft (Aluminum fishing) originally built in 2011, and restored in 2018. Powered by a 150HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 1 day before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Port Douglas Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Out N About Sportfishing
- AU $120 per person - Half Day Trip – Shared (PM) (4 hours)
- AU $120 per person - Half Day Trip – Shared (AM) (4 hours)
- AU $550 per group, additional AU $50 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- AU $720 per group - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- AU $720 per group - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- AU $1,100 per group, additional AU $100 per person after 3 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- AU $1,440 per group - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Shimano Saragossa, Penn Slammer, Ugly Stick)
- Live Bait (Prepared in advance)
- Drinks (Water, soft drinks)
- River Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Bream (Fingermark)
- Coral Trout
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Spanish Mackerel (Narrow-barred)
- Trevally (Giant)