Taupo Boating & Fishing Charters is committed to tailoring a fishing trip to suit you. Fishing is the main focus but you can include other activities such as kayaking, a barbeque, a clay bird shoot, swimming, and many more. Come and discover the wealth of beauty on offer here.
Captain Dan Wood knows the Taupo waters like the back of his hand. He’s fished all over the country and boasts experience like no other. He enjoys sharing stories and promises to use all his skills and knowledge to get you on the fish and to put a smile on your face.
Step aboard the luxurious 43’ Pelin Eclipse. She is licensed for up to 23 guests, plus crew. If you’d like to include other activities or have your trip customised to suit a special occasion, just get in touch via FishingBooker before booking.
With your comfort in mind, the modern cabin is fitted with plenty of seating, a kitchen, toilet, and even a TV, WiFi, and an audio system to play from your devices. You’ll be given tea and coffee throughout your trip. BYO alcohol and snacks will be placed into the onboard coolers, fridges, or freezers.
The boat’s also a serious fishing vessel. Strong and sturdy, she’ll take you to all the best fishing spots with ease. Troll with the downriggers, or try jig fishing to entice the bite of your target fish, and reel ‘em in with top-of-the-line rods and reels.
This stunning lake compliments beauty with incredible fishing. Go after some tough-fighting and delicious fish for a thrilling and fruitful day. The famed Lake Taupo Rainbow Trout will give you a run for your money as you try to fill the boat with these beauties.
The "hook-up" of the elusive and cunning Brown Trout makes for a heart-pumping memory. Capt. Dan will clean, bag, and freeze your catch, or prepare sashimi on board to share with the rest of your team as you return to port. Trips run whenever you want, so come aboard for a truly personalised experience. Let Taupo Boating & Fishing Charters look after you!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Taupo Boating & Fishing Charters
- NZ $381 per group, additional NZ $48 per person after 6 guests - 2 Hour Trip – Taste of Fishing (2 hours)
- NZ $638 per group, additional NZ $72 per person after 6 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Fishing and Fun (AM) (3 hours)
- NZ $638 per group, additional NZ $72 per person after 6 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Fishing and Fun (PM) (3 hours)
- NZ $824 per group, additional NZ $96 per person after 6 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Fishing and Fun (4 hours)
- NZ $824 per group, additional NZ $96 per person after 6 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Fishing and Fun PM (4 hours)
- NZ $1,196 per group, additional NZ $144 per person after 6 guests - 6 Hour Trip – Fishing and Fun (6 hours)
- Toilet Vaccum flush
- Bed Sleeps up to 6 Guests comfortably
- Flybridge Enclosed with slider windows
- Kitchen Oven, hot plates, microwave, full galley and BBQ
- Refrigerator Freezer, Chillers & Refridgerator
- Multimedia System Onboard WiFi
- Ice Box - Makes Ice for Drinks
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Lures (Specialised patterns )
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (BYO Alcohol welcome. Tea and coffee is complin)
- First Mate (Crew assisted)
- Fishing License (Included in quoted price )
- Lunch (By request)
- Lake Fishing (Taupo - enclosed waters )
- Inshore Fishing (- Harling)
- Nearshore Fishing (- Drop-offs)
- Offshore Fishing (- Deep Water Trolling)
- Reef Fishing (- Jig Fishing)
- Trolling (with downriggers)
- Jigging (3 x Flys with 2oz Sinker)
- Drift Fishing (- Jig Fishing)
- Brown Trout
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)
Meet the Captain
About this listing
Pelin Eclipse (Cruiser) originally built in 1987, and restored in 2019. Powered by 2 230HP Volvo Penta engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 23 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: