Just out of Juneau, explore a range of isolated, pristine, and productive fishing grounds. Moore Charters is waiting to take you away to experience the attack on the senses that is Alaska fishing. In stunning nature, surrounded by incredible wildlife, you’ll battle it out with some prized, delicious fish. From Halibut and Salmon to Lingcod and Rockfish, you won’t believe your luck!
Let Captain Grantley Moore and his crew give you the real local experience. Having grown up fishing these waters, every one of them has a lifetime’s worth of knowledge behind them. They promise to show you the most picturesque corners of Alaska, and get you on the biggest fish around.
Step aboard the “Equinox” to let the magic begin. The 30’ Blackfeather catamaran is a true fishing vessel. There’s plenty of space for up to 6 guests, and you’ll be free to make yourself at home. Stock your food and drinks in the onboard cooler, or bring your own for when you take a well-earned break. The boat comes fitted with a full toilet, too, so there’s no need to worry about filling up too much.
You’ll make use of top-of-the-line rods and reels, along with downriggers as you have the edge over these strong fish throughout the day. As well as trolling, you’ll get to bottom fish, jig, and drift fish to entice the bite of your target fish.
Use frozen bait or catch herring as you head out, and you’re all set to go after some monster fish. Get ready for some heavy lifting as you aim for huge Halibut, test your skills to keep leaping Salmon on the end of your line, and drop deep to fill the boat with dazzling Rockfish and Lingcod.
Head home with more than just a smile on your face, as you’ll have enough fish to feed the family for weeks to come. The crew will happily clean your fish at the end of the day, or you can head to a professional cleaning service back at the dock. All you need to do is grab your fishing license and settle in for the adventure of a lifetime with Moore Charters.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
|26 Customer reviews|
|Response time 16 hours|
|Member since March 2019|
About this listing
Blackfeather (Catamaran) originally built in 2009. Powered by 2 250HP Yamaha engines.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 30 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Juneau Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Moore Charters – Equinox
- $289 per person - Half Day Trip – Halibut (Shared) (4 hours)
- $289 per person - Half Day Trip – Salmon (Shared) (4 hours)
- $395 per person - 3/4 Day Trip – Combo (Shared) (6 hours)
- $448 per person - Full Day Trip – Combo (Shared) (8 hours)
- $1,445 per group, additional $289 per person after 5 guests - Half Day Trip – Halibut (Private) (4 hours)
- $1,445 per group, additional $289 per person after 5 guests - Half Day Trip – Salmon (Private) (4 hours)
- $1,975 per group, additional $395 per person after 5 guests - 3/4 Day Trip – Combo (Private) (6 hours)
- $1,975 per group, additional $395 per person after 5 guests - 3/4 Day Trip – Fish/Whale-Watching (6 hours)
- $2,240 per group, additional $448 per person after 5 guests - Full Day Trip – Combo (Private) (8 hours)
- $2,240 per group, additional $448 per person after 5 guests - Full Day Trip – Fish/Whale-Watching (8 hours)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Shimano)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate (Sometimes)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Salmon (Chinook)
- Salmon (Chum)
- Salmon (Coho)
- Salmon (Pink)
- Salmon (Sockeye)