Plan your next trip to the Florida Keys and get ready for some Light Tackle Sportfishing with Captain Steve! As an experienced, local guide and Florida native, Captain Steve Heichen will lead you to some of the most magical fishing grounds in Southern Florida.
You’ll meet the captain at the Big Pine Key Fishing Lodge and set off in his 26’ Bluewater center console. You can expect to reach offshore waters in no time, cruising up to 45 knots while being pushed by a 250 HP Mercury engine. This boat is spacious and comfortable, accommodates up to 4 guests, perfect for the whole family, including kids 6 or older!
You’ll have no issues locating your targets using the boat’s top-notch navigational equipment and electronics. The first mate is also an expert in reading the water and looking out for birds to know when and where to set the lines and start fishing!
Head offshore to troll the deep blue for Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, and Blue Marlin, or bottom fish over reefs and target some delicious Snapper. When you’re done, head to one of the local “hook-and-cook” restaurants to have your catch grilled and prepared for you the right way!
However, if you’re feeling adventurous, you should book a Shark trip and challenge yourself to a 1-on-1 battle with the mighty Blacktip. This trip is a favorite and perfect for all you Shark fin-atics out there!
Capt. Steve is always stocked with top-quality Star rods, as well as Daiwa and Penn reels. The Captain is the master of rigging natural baits and the use of artificial lures. Your fishing license is included in the price as well so all you have to do is show up ready to fish!
Light Tackle Sportfishing with Capt. Steve is always a fun time, and perfect for an office getaway, family trip, or friends gathering. No matter what your level of experience, Capt. Steve will accommodate each trip based on your needs and preferences. Pack some sunscreen, sunglasses, and a camera and get ready for some premium South Florida fishing!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Bluewater (Center console) originally built in 2001. Powered by a 250HP 2019 Mercury engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 45 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 30 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Big Pine Key Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Light Tackle Sportfishing With Capt. Steve
- $300 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Tarpon Fishing 2 MAX (3 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Kids Special (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Shark Fishing (4 hours)
- $495 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour – Reef Fishing for Snapper (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Backcountry Adventure (5 hours)
- $695 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 6 Hour Trip – Offshore Mahi Fishing (6 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Deep Drop Fishing (6 hours)
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Star rods, Penn & Daiwa reels)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate (Customary tipping between 15-20%)
- Fishing License
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Snowy)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Yellowtail)