Cat Costa Rica
Operating out of Guanacaste, Costa Rica, since 1992, Cat Costa Rica specializes in putting their clients on game fish aboard their great boats. Their crew is dedicated, professional, bilingual, and they can’t wait to have you on board.
You’ll be fishing from the “Sea Dolphi,” a 32’ Polar offshore sportfishing boat powered by twin 115 HP Yamaha engines. Fully restored in 2018, it features the latest and the best in marine electronics and safety gear, a flybridge, shower, kitchen, and beds. On board, you’ll also find outriggers, downriggers, tuna tubes, and an ice-box.
Sea Dolphi can cater to up to 7 anglers taking turns while fishing (usually 5 can fish at the same time). Two or 3 crew members are always on board – normally 2 captains and one person helping the clients. The mate can take you snorkeling and swimming – he/she is a diving instructor and usually takes care of kids on such activities (no minimum age). The boat can also be wheelchair accessible with the help of the crew.
You’ll be targeting many attractive local species anywhere from inshore to offshore waters. Depending on the bite and the trip you choose, you could be reeling in Marlin, Spearfish, Sailfish, Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Roosterfish, Snapper, and more.
The charter will cover top-quality fishing gear, all by Penn International, lures, and fishing licenses. Live bait is sometimes used (usually Bonito) – the crew catches it on the way or brings it with them. They always have beer, water, sodas, and even some snacks if the clients request it. The clients can also bring their own refreshments.
The crew can clean and fillet the catch, even right on the boat and make some sushi and ceviche. The rest can be taken by the crew or the clients to their hotel to have it cooked (they can call the hotel and have that arranged).
Book with Cat Costa Rica fishing charters and let them show you a great day out on the water!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Polar (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 2005, and restored in 2018. Powered by 2 115HP Yamaha engines.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
Culebra Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Cat Costa Rica
- $720 per group, additional $70 per person after 5 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (5 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $70 per person after 5 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (5 hours)
- $890 per day per group, additional $70 per person after 5 guests - Multiday Trip (3 days)
- $1,230 per group, additional $70 per person after 5 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment (For up to 12 people)
- Multimedia System
- Tuna Tubes
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn International )
- Live Bait (Sometimes used, mostly Bonito)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Sushi and ceviche can be made on the boat)
- Snacks (Available upon request)
- Drinks (Beer, water, sodas)
- First Mate (2–3 crew members always onboard)
- Fishing License
- Lunch (On full days only, note your diet restrictions )
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Pacific)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Black)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Snapper (Cubera)
- Spearfish (Longbill)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)