Operating out of Bokeelia, Florida, Bent Rod Charters LLC specializes in providing their clients with epic inshore and flats fishing trips. Captain John Middleton has over 35 years of experience, fishing freshwater, inshore, and offshore. He’s a 4th generation Floridian who grew up fishing Pine Island Sound, Caloosahatchee River, Matlacha, and Bokeelia.
His boat is a 22’ Pathfinder bay boat that can carry up to 5 anglers, 4 of them fishing comfortably at the same time. It comes with a 200 HP Yamaha VMAX engine, a live bait tank, a cooler for your food/drinks, and top-quality navigational electronics and safety gear.
The captain will take you to the most productive fisheries and do everything he can to put you on the likes of Tarpon, Spotted Seatrout, Shark, Snook, Redfish, Mangrove Snapper, Flounder, and so much more. Depending on the targeted species and the package you choose, you can expect to do some epic bottom fishing, trolling, drifting, and even bow fishing (gear for 2 guests is provided).
You’ll be supplied with all the other fishing gear, lures, frozen bait, and live bait (freshly caught the morning before the trip). The captain uses Daiwa Black Gold reels along with light tackle rods. He also uses some Shimano Stratic. Aside from fishing gear, he also provides snorkeling equipment for all 6 guests – the clients should just let him know if they want to mix their fishing with snorkeling.
You can keep whatever fish is legal at that time, and the captain will clean your catch free of charge. Feel free to bring your food, drinks, and sunscreen. The captain has a cooler with ice on board where you can store your goods.
Bent Rod Charters LLC will do everything in their power for you to have a comfortable, productive, and fun fishing experience!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Pathfinder (Bay boat) originally built in 2001, and restored in 2017. Powered by a 250HP Yamaha VMAX engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 50 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, an additional 4% charge will apply.
St. James City Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Bent Rod Charters LLC
- $350 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Relaxing Trip (AM) (3 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Relaxing Trip (11:30 AM) (3 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Relaxing Trip (PM) (3 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Bowfishing (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Night Trip (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment (For all guests)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Spearfishing Equipment (Upon request )
- Ice Box (For your food/drinks)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Daiwa Black Gold, Shimano Stratic)
- Live Bait (Caught the same morning)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Water)
- Fishing License
- River Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Bowfishing (Gear for 2 guests [)
- Jack Crevalle
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Spotted Seatrout