Your time in Durban wouldn’t be complete without the chance to explore its prolific fishing grounds. If you’re looking for a charter company to take you out, look no further than Aqua Nautical Adventures! They’re dedicated to putting their customers on fish year round, and they have a trip for every fishing appetite.
Spend your day on a clean 30’ Lee-Cat walkaround with twin 250 HP Suzuki engines. The boat has a spacious deck and plenty of room to sit up to 10 people. Whether you’re fishing the nearby reefs or hitting the bluewater 50 miles from Durban, this vessel will get you there safely.
There’s a private toilet on board, so even on longer trips, you’ll travel in full comfort. The boat sports a fighting chair to help you reel in monsters and outriggers to cover more water. The captain will provide a variety of quality Penn, Shimano, and Daiwa fishing equipment, as well as lures and live bait.
You can target a huge range of species in these bountiful waters, and your guide will gladly adjust the trips to your preferences. On shorter excursions, you’ll cast your line around nearby reefs and target Yellowtail, Red Emperor Snapper, Rockfish, Bonito, and more.
Longer expeditions will put you on the trail of the prized Billfish that come to the local waters in summer. That is the best time to chase the next trophy Sailfish or Marlin. Mahi Mahi, Yellowfin Tuna, and Wahoo are also among the most popular catches.
While the captain is finding the best bite, the first mate will be there to help with everything else, including catch cleaning and filleting. For all his good work, 15–20% is customary and appreciated.
Come with your family or friends (or both) and spend a memorable day on the waves. You’ll have drinks on board, it’s up to you to pack plenty of food to last the day. Also, you should buy a fishing licence before you come aboard.
Head out with Aqua Nautical Adventures and let them show you the outstanding fishery of Durban!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Lee-Cat (Walkaround) originally built in 2010, and restored in 2019. Powered by 2 250HP Suzuki engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 35 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 1 day before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 4% fee.
Durban Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Aqua Nautical Adventures–Sting Ray
- ZAR 2,800 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Harbour Fishing (4 hours)
- ZAR 3,500 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Backline/Harbour (4 hours)
- ZAR 4,500 per group - 5 Hour Trip – Backline/Inshore Reef (5 hours)
- ZAR 5,500 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Backline/Inshore Reef (6 hours)
- ZAR 6,500 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Mid/Deep Reef (6 hours)
- ZAR 7,500 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Game/Reef Offshore (6 hours)
- ZAR 8,500 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Mid/Deep Reef (8 hours)
- ZAR 9,500 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Game/Reef Offshore (8 hours)
- ZAR 10,500 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Big Game Fishing (8 hours)
- ZAR 11,000 per group - 10 Hour Trip – Game/Reef Offshore (10 hours)
- ZAR 12,500 per group - 10 Hour Trip – Big Game Fishing (10 hours)
- ZAR 14,500 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Big Game Fishing (12 hours)
- Toilet (Private toilet )
- GPS (Lowrance)
- Fishfinder (Lowrance)
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Bottled water & cold drinks included)
- First Mate (Custom to tip15-20%)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (30 to 50 miles offshore and beyond)
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Geelbek (Cape Salmon)
- Marlin (Black)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Snapper (Red Emperor)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack