Located in South Carolina, Johns Island is home to scores of incredible wildlife, lush flora, and crystal clear waterways. On top of this, the fishing opportunities are seriously excellent. If you want to explore the island’s abundance of inshore and nearshore fishing grounds, come aboard Marlin Dog Marine charters and get ready to hook some incredible fish against a backdrop of stunning scenery!
Based at Bohicket Marina, Marlin Dog Marine has direct access to some of Johns Island’s most plentiful winding waterways, as well as the Atlantic. Captain Will Frederick is the man behind the helm of this charter, and he has over 12 years of experience as a captain. He grew up on the water and prides himself on his ability to introduce newbies and experts alike to the many fishing hotspots that surround Johns Island.
You’ll be fishing from your captain’s 22’ Pathfinder bay boat, capable of accommodating up to 6 guests. Capt. Will warmly welcomes children ages 3 and above on board, so why not bring the whole family along for the ride? Just make sure you bring life jackets for little ones – your captain will provide adult sizes. In addition, his vessel is decked out with top-quality navigational gear that’ll get you to the fishing grounds in no time.
The species you’ll be targeting depends on where you want to fish, but you’ll be in for a treat no matter which trip you opt for! If you choose to stay inshore, you’ll use a variety of techniques to hook Redfish, delicious Flounder, Spotted Seatrout, and maybe even some Shark species. Want to explore waters slightly further out? Head to the nearshore reefs, where you’ll plumb the depths for bottom-dwelling Grouper, huge Redfish, Spadefish, Black Seabass, and whatever else is biting.
Your captain will make sure you’re equipped with Shimano rods and reels, as well as bait and a fishing license. All you need to do is arrive 15 minutes before your departure time, and get ready for an incredible adventure with Marlin Dog Marine!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Pathfinder (Bay boat) originally built in 2008. Powered by a 250HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
Johns Island Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Marlin Dog Marine
- $400 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - 2-hour – Late Afternoon Trip (2 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - 3 hr inshore pm (3 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Inshore 3 hr trip am (3 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip – Inshore (AM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip – Inshore (PM) (4 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (AM) (4 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip – Nearshore (PM) (4 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Shimano)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Kite Fishing
- Seabass (Black)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Shark (Bonnethead)
- Spotted Seatrout