Go fishing with Tailhunter Outdoor Adventures and discover the prolific fishery that is Ormond Beach! With Captain John Tarr at the helm, you will test your hand in different fishing techniques and get a chance to catch a variety of inshore species.
Book a half day trip when you have a few hours to spend fishing and target Sheepshead, Redfish, Spotted Seatrout, and more. On longer trips, you can expect all this and much more – Jack Crevalle, Mangrove Snapper, and the magnificent Tarpon. Of course, a lot depends on where you’ll be fishing, the time of the year, as well as your preferences.
Capt. John is also a bowfishing expert, so if you’d like to try something different, this is your opportunity. He offers bowfishing trips where you will be wading to get to the best Tilapia fishing spots.
All the fishing gear, both for traditional and bowfishing, is provided. Do you love fly fishing? No problem, your captain will make sure to have quality Nautilus and Sage gear.
Your ride and a fishing platform for the day is a 17’ Gordon Boatworks flats boat with a 50 HP Tohatsu engine. Up to 3 anglers can fish here, and Capt. John will make sure that you have everything you need for a successful day on the water. He’ll also take care of the fishing license for everyone on board.
Your kids are welcome to join you on your trip, and the captain will have life jackets for everyone. Bring some sunscreen, drinks, snacks, and food on longer trips. After that, you’re ready to fish to your heart’s content with Tailhunter Outdoor Adventures!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Gordon Boatworks (Flats boat) originally built in 2006. Powered by a 50HP Tohatsu engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 35 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Ormond Beach Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Tailhunter Outdoor Adventures – Ormond Beach
- $350 per group - Half Day Trip – Bowfishing (4 hours)
- $350 per group - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $425 per group - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- $425 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Bowfishing (6 hours)
- $500 per group - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- $500 per group - Full Day Trip – Bowfishing (8 hours)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Custom rods and Shimano reels)
- Live Bait (If requested - included in price)
- Drinks (Water and ice provided. )
- Fishing License
- Fly Fishing Equipment (Nautilus and Sage gear)
- River Fishing
- Lake Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle (Spin and Baitcasters available)
- Fly Fishing (All gear available from 4 weight to 11 weight)
- Bowfishing (Right hand bows available)
- Jack Crevalle
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Spotted Seatrout