When in Cape Town, join Bandit Marine Services for traditional hand line and rod fishing adventures! Or, if you prefer something more laid-back, take a sunset cruise, where you’ll be able to see the abundant marine life and spectacular near shore coastline and scenery.
Kalk Bay is the oldest working harbor in Cape Town with a long colorful history that always focused on fishing families and friendly people. Conservation is a priority, so the crew operates strictly according to the Marine Living Resources Act of 1998.
You’ll be fishing aboard a 28’ deck-boat that accommodates up to 8 guests. There’s enough room for everyone to fish at the same time, so you don’t have to wait for your turn. The boat is equipped with necessary safety gear and Garmin navigational electronics. If you need a cooler for your drinks, just ask the captain to bring it in advance.
The weather can be unpredictable, so the departure time can be rescheduled. Regardless of the trip you book, you need to purchase a fishing license in advance. They are easily obtained at the local post offices and you can get either a $5 monthly permit or $10 yearly permit. All fishing gear and tackle are included in the price and bait is supplied as well.
Enjoy the spectacular scenery right on your doorstep. Start a trip with Bandit Marine Services and set off for your next adventure!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
Sachal / Stevens (Deck boat) originally built in 1980, and restored in 2015. Powered by a 120HP Perkins 6.354, 5.8L Diesel engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 7 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Cape Town Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Bandit Marine Services LTD
- ZAR 3,300 per group, additional ZAR 550 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Bay Trip (4 hours)
- ZAR 3,900 per group, additional ZAR 650 per person after 4 guests - Seal Island Trip (6 hours)
- ZAR 4,200 per group, additional ZAR 650 per person after 6 guests - Basic Bay Trip (6 hours)
- ZAR 5,800 per group, additional ZAR 950 per person after 6 guests - Cape Point Trip (6 hours)
- ZAR 6,000 per group, additional ZAR 950 per person after 6 guests - Sunset Trip (2 hours)
- GPS (Garmin)
- Fishfinder (Furuno)
- Outriggers (When trolling for yellowtail/ amberjack.)
- Ice Box (Available, notice required.)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn, Daiwa, Elbe rods, Shimano grinders)
- Live Bait
- First Mate (and deck hand depending on size of party aboard.)
- Inshore Fishing (Shallow water, seasonal fish, mainly summertime.)
- Nearshore Fishing (Min. 1 nautical mile, max. 6 nautical miles)
- Offshore Fishing (Up to 40 nautical miles)
- Reef Fishing (Natural reef fishing,with rod and reel or handlines)
- Flats Fishing (Buffels bay near Cape point, fishing for squid)
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Common Pandora
- Geelbek (Cape Salmon)
- Gilt-head (Seabream)
- Leerfish (Garrick)
- Short-Tail Red Snapper (Ehu)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
- Yellowtail Amberjack