There’s nothing better than feasting on fish you caught by yourself! Sofimar Charters will do their best to put you on fish and help you have the best meal of your life! With Captain Melvin Arrocha Pimentel at the helm, you can be sure your day on the water will be an adventure you’ll never forget.
Join Captain Melvin on his 25’ custom-built skiff, docked at the Diablo boat ramp, right at the entrance to Panama Bay. This vessel accommodates up to 4 guests and has all necessary navigational electronics and safety equipment. Children of all ages are welcome but for the Otoque Island Tour, they have to be at least 14 years old.
There’s plenty of locations to choose from, with all of them being both great fishing spots and sightseeing places. The captain can take you to Otoque, Taboga, Taboguilla, and Uraba Island, depending on what you want to catch and how much time you have. You’ll target Mahi Mahi, Mackerel, Tarpon, Roosterfish, Snapper, and many more.
Use the opportunity to experience these beautiful, turquoise waters first hand – by snorkeling! Simply request snorkeling equipment in advance and the captain will prepare it for your trip. Your fishing equipment is also included in the price and with it also come lures, baits, and snacks. After the trip, the captain will clean and fillet your catch free of charge.
Sofimar Charters welcome you regardless of your fishing experience. Don’t hesitate to book a trip with Captain Melvin, even if you’ve never held a rod before. He’ll make sure you have a great time, learn something new and have your first catch.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Custom built (Skiff) originally built in 2014. Powered by a 60HP Yamaha Enduro engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 20 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 14 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Panama City Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Sofimar Charters
- $350 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Special Trip (4 hours)
- $425 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Jigging Trip (5 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Bay Tour (6 hours)
- $575 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Island Tour (7 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Otoque Island Tour (8 hours)
- $925 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Torrent Tour (8 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment Request in advance
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn and Shimano)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Doritos)
- Drinks (Water, soda, beer)
- First Mate (Tips are appreciated)
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing (mackerels / Jacks / Snappers / Bonitos)
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing (Jigg / Live Shrimps / Squids )
- Trolling (From Rapala till Fishing Skirts)
- Spinning (We love to take you in front of the action)
- Popping (This is our Brand - Topwaterexplotion)
- Drift Fishing (Lot of action if we find that Drift Line)
- Handline (Just like the old times)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Broomtail)
- Little Tunny (False Albacore)
- Snapper (Cubera)
- Snapper (Lane)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)
- Spanish Mackerel