Blue Water Charters offers a variety of fishing trips out of Durban, South Africa. They are specialists in Marlin and big game fishing and have the highest catch rates in Durban.
Here, you can catch the likes of Tuna, Marlin, Trevally, Yellowtail, Mackerel, and much more. To get them, you will need an experienced crew by your side. Luckily, Blue Water Charters are fit to fish for game fish. They will assist you whichever the package you book.
Mike is the owner and a fisherman himself. He has penned articles in numerous fishing magazines and knows the local waters. Your regular skipper, Eric, is also skillful and knowledgeable. Both of them know how to go about hefty fish. Blue Water Charters are pros at going after Marlin and other big game fish, being one of the charters with the highest catch rates in Durban! The boat is fully equipped to go after the sea-spraying prestigious monster Marlin – fighting chairs, high-quality equipment and, true fisherman’s spirit are all there to help you get that dream catch.
To ensure a customized experience, the crew offers a variety of packages. They will accommodate you aboard their 34’ Silvertson Sport Fisher, named Fat Girl. The vessel features a 12’ beam, has a cabin with a lounge area, a galley, a hand wash basin, and a flush toilet. The boat is powered by two 250 HP Yamaha 4 stroke engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Once onboard, you will find a spacious aft deck with padded gunnels and a fighting chair. There is a large foredeck and flybridge. The boat is rigged with Garmin GPS, and Furuno Sonar, a good sound system, and it has outriggers and downriggers. Simply put, it’s made for fishing. Whether it’s deep seas, inshore, reefs, vertical jigging, spinning or fishing on the fly, they’ve got you covered.
You will get top-notch tackle by Shimano Tiagra. Take out a fishing license in one of the tackle shops. Food and drinks are available at an extra cost. Hop on and let Blue Water Charters take you out!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Silverton (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 1979, and restored in 2015. Powered by 2 250HP Yamaha 4 strokes engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
Durban Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Blue Water Charters - Fat Girl
- ZAR 4,500 per group - Family/Kids – Backline/Harbour 3hrs (3 hours)
- ZAR 4,500 per group - Family/Kids – Backline/Harbour(Eve) (3 hours)
- ZAR 5,500 per group - Backline/Harbour Fishing 5hrs (Eve) (5 hours)
- ZAR 5,500 per group - Backline/Harbour Fishing 5hrs (AM) (5 hours)
- ZAR 5,500 per group - Backline/Harbour Fishing 5hrs (PM) (5 hours)
- ZAR 7,000 per group - Inshore Fishing/Deep Backline 5hrs (5 hours)
- ZAR 8,000 per group - Mid Deep Sea Fishing 5hrs (5 hours)
- ZAR 9,000 per group - Deep Sea Game/Tuna/Reef Fishing 5hr (5 hours)
- ZAR 11,000 per group - Deep Sea Game/Tuna/Reef Fishing 8hr (8 hours)
- ZAR 13,000 per group - Deep Sea Game/Tuna/Reef Fishing 10h (10 hours)
- ZAR 14,000 per group - Offshore Marlin/Game Fishing 10hrs (10 hours)
- ZAR 16,000 per group - Offshore Marlin/Game Fishing 12hrs (12 hours)
- Fighting Chair
- GPS (Furuno TZ Touch)
- Fishfinder (Furuno TZ Touch with commercial transducer)
- Live Bait Well
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Snacks (Optional (R350per person))
- Drinks (Optional (R350per person))
- First Mate
- Lunch (Optional (R350per person))
- Fly Fishing Equipment (6wt, 9wt and 12wt)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Marlin (Black)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (Striped)
- Spearfish (Shortbill)
- Trevally (Giant)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)