Kraken Sportfishing is ready to show you what these plentiful waters have to offer! Departing out of Mission Bay San Diego, you’ll be in a prime position to explore everything from fish-filled kelp beds to offshore hotspots. Your guide is lifelong angler Captain Leng Bai, who has plenty of tips and tricks up his sleeve.
Captain Leng runs an impressive variety of shared and private charters, which are all customizable. No matter your skill level, you’ll find something to suit you perfectly. Newer anglers or families can opt for exciting, budget-friendly shorter trips to nearshore waters, where Halibut, Calico Bass, and Rockfish can be found. More experience under your belt? Head out for a full day and battle oversized Tuna!
You’ll be fishing from the “Kraken,” a 2004 Grady White Islander. She measures a spacious 29 feet, with room for up to 6 guests, and is powered by twin Yamaha 4-stroke 150 HP outboard engines. Capt. Leng has had the boat outfitted for all types of fishing, and you’ll find top-quality navigational electronics on board to guide you to the hotspots.
Capt. Leng employs a wide range of fishing methods, including deepsea fishing, fishing with live bait and lures, sight casting and spearfishing. Using a mix of these methods, he’ll have you targeting a wide range of species, including Tuna species, Mahi Mahi, Yellowtail, Halibut, Sea Bass, Lingcod, Sheephead, and Rockfish.
If you’d like to spearfish, you must have some experience and bring your own gear along. Prefer to try a more conventional technique? Your captain has mounted grand-slam outriggers for trolling, as well as Penn, Phoenix, and Calstar rods paired with Penn, Daiwa, Okuma, and Accurate reels.
Your trip includes all the necessary bait and tackle needed. Snacks & drinks are also available
A customary 20-30% gratuity is very much appreciated.
Call the captain asap if you booked a same-day trip.
Grab your fishing license and cast off on an epic adventure with Kraken Sportfishing.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Grady White (Offshore sport fishing) originally built in 2004. Powered by 2 150HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 30 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
San Diego Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Kraken Sportfishing
- $175 per person - 4 Hour Trip – Lobster Shared (4 hours)
- $395 per person - 8 Hour – Coronado Islands Shared (8 hours)
- $495 per group - 3 Hour Trip – Bay (AM) (3 hours)
- $495 per group - 3 Hour Trip – Bay (PM) (3 hours)
- $700 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Lobster (4 hours)
- $795 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Nearshore (11AM) (4 hours)
- $795 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Nearshore (3PM) (4 hours)
- $795 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Nearshore (7AM) (4 hours)
- $895 per group - 5 Hour Trip–Nearshore Private (PM) (5 hours)
- $995 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Nearshore Private (6 hours)
- $1,400 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Nearshore private (8 hours)
- $1,800 per group - 8 hr trip–Coronado Islands private (8 hours)
- $2,400 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Offshore Private (12 hours)
- Toilet Flushable
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Live Bait Well
- Kitchen Propane burner
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (Depending on trip type and current bite patterns )
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate (Optional Upon request for additional fee)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Kite Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Calico Bass
- California Sheephead
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack