From a couple looking for a romantic day on the water or a die-hard angler who wants to break their own record, everyone is welcome aboard the ‘Virgo.’ She is a spacious vessel operated by Gerry’s Private Charters – a legendary company based in North Coast of Mahe Island.
Gerry’s Private Charters is a family friendly company that is based in a leading hotel just off the famous Beau Vallon Beach. It was established in the early ‘80’s and has decades of experience in fishing and customer service.
Their Virgo is a 20’ boat powered by twin 60 HP Suzuki 4-stroke Lean Burn engines. She can easily access most secluded beaches at low tide and take up to 4 anglers out fishing. The Virgo is ideal for short outings just to check the bite, as well as trolling and bottom fishing. The Virgo is fully licensed and has Passengers Liability Insurance up to $80,000.00
You will be targeting Bonito, Jack Crevalle, Rainbow Runner, Snapper, Barracuda, Grouper, Sailfish, Mahi Mahi, and Yellowfin Tuna, depending on which trip you choose. All the necessary gear and tackle will be provided, along with an assortment of lures, to make a great catch possible. Lunch is available on full-day trips, while drinks and fishing licenses are included in the price of all charters.
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
FAQs about Gerry’s Private Charters - Virgo
- $425 per group, additional $30 per person after 2 guests - 3.5 Hour Trip - Coastal (MAX 2) (3 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $30 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $630 per group, additional $30 per person after 2 guests - 5 Hour Trip (AM) (5 hours)
- $975 per group, additional $30 per person after 2 guests - 8 Hour Trip - Trolling / Deep Sea (8 hours)
- Fighting Chair
- Snorkeling Equipment On request
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Lures (Assorted)
- Snacks (Full day only)
- Drinks (Non alcoholic)
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- Lunch (On full day trip only)
- Inshore Fishing (Coastal)
- Nearshore Fishing (2 to 3 miles)
- Offshore Fishing (10 miles )
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle (Coastal fishing)
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing (Weather permitting / traditional handline method)
- Jigging (Guests provide tackles)
- Popping (Guests bring tackles)
- Handline (Traditional fishing)
- Deep Sea Fishing (All tackles provided)
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Red)
- Jack Crevalle
- Rainbow Runner
- Snapper (Red)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
Meet the Captain
About this listing
Custom-Built (Runabout) originally built in 1983, and restored in 2016. Powered by 2 60HP Suzuki LeanBurn engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 18 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 14 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: