If you’re up for some fun on Hawaiian waters off the coast of the island of Kauai, join Makai Sportfishing charters for an authentic experience! Captain Sean Lawrence, a passionate scuba diver and Captain Rob, an experienced fisherman who grew up on the water, are the charter owners. They’ll make sure you have an unforgettable time.
Come fishing on their 42’ Uniflite motor yacht, powered by a twin 310 HP Detroit engine. It’s a comfortable boat that can accommodate up to 6 people for a day outdoors. There’s a toilet and a shower on board for your convenience, as well as air conditioning and a multimedia system to make your day that much more enjoyable.
You’ll fish using Penn and Shimano rods and reels provided by the crew, and you’re free to take home any fish under 40 lb. The crew takes the bigger ones to the market. You’ll be using live bait caught on the trip, or dead bait bought before. Capt. Robert will be happy to clean your catch for you to have an enjoyable dinner.
Depending on the season, you’ll target the main pelagic fish – Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Wahoo, Marlin, and Amberjack, and whatever else is willing to bite along the way, including Giant Trevally and Rainbow runner. Your crew will make sure to take you to the richest fishing grounds to maximize your chances of reeling in some monsters!
Kids older than 4 are welcome on board, so you can have some family time and make great memories on your vacation. There are life jackets in all sizes, so safety is a priority. Fishing licenses are provided, as well as a cooler for fish and drinks, and you’re welcome to bring your own food and snacks.
Make sure to bring sunscreen, and get ready to enjoy your day to the fullest with Makai Sportfishing!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Charter Operator
About this listing
42' Uniflite Sport Fisher (Motor yacht) originally built in 1978, and restored in 2018. Powered by 2 310HP Detroit 6-71s engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 14 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 1 day before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 2.5% fee.
FAQs about Makai Sportfishing
- $182 per person - 4 Hour Trip (AM) – Shared (4 hours)
- $182 per person - 4 Hour Trip (PM) – Shared (4 hours)
- $236 per person - 6 Hour Trip (AM) – Shared (6 hours)
- $236 per person - 6 Hour Trip (PM) – Shared (6 hours)
- $246 per person - 4 Hour Trip (AM) – Shared Deluxe (4 hours)
- $246 per person - 4 Hour Trip (PM) – Shared Deluxe (4 hours)
- $289 per person - 6 Hour Trip (AM) – Shared Deluxe (6 hours)
- $289 per person - 6 Hour Trip (PM) – Shared Deluxe (6 hours)
- $311 per person - 8 Hour Trip – Shared (8 hours)
- $375 per person - 8 Hour Trip – Shared Deluxe (8 hours)
- $804 per group - 4 Hour Trip (AM) – Private (4 hours)
- $804 per group - 4 Hour Trip (PM) – Private (4 hours)
- $1,018 per group - 6 Hour Trip (AM) – Private (6 hours)
- $1,018 per group - 6 Hour Trip (PM) – Private (6 hours)
- $1,393 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Private (8 hours)
- $1,715 per group - 10 Hour Trip – Private (10 hours)
- Toilet (Private lux toilet in cabin.)
- Air Conditioning
- Fighting Chair
- Live Bait Well
- Refrigerator (a fridge and a freezer for drinks and food)
- Multimedia System
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn and Shimano reels, and custom rods.)
- Live Bait (Caught during the trip.)
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate (Tips are expected – 15%.)
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Heavy Tackle
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Marlin (Blue)
- Marlin (Striped)
- Rainbow Runner
- Trevally (Giant)
- Tuna (Bigeye)
- Tuna (Skipjack)
- Tuna (Yellowfin)
- Yellowtail Amberjack