Scout About Charters is a family-oriented company, located on the beautiful waters of Port St Joe, Florida, and operated by Captain Scooter. With its remote fishing spots, rich marine life, and stunning coastline, the area is ideal for friends and family. Kids are very welcome aboard Capt. Scooter’s boat - the more the merrier!
You will be fishing aboard the captain’s newly uphauled 21-foot skiff, which is powered by a 115 HP Yamaha SHO engine. Equipped with navigational electronics, including a GPS, a fish finder, and a VHF radio, the vessel will get you to the best fishing spots, fast. And with a live bait tank, ice box and anchoring system on board, you will be ready to take everything Port St Joe has to offer the inshore angler.
Scout About Charters offers a lot of trips to choose from. You will be able to stay inshore to fish the flats, shallow wrecks, and backcountry or venture offshore to troll for King Mackerel and other predatory species. From four to six hours fishing, each trip can be customized to your needs and personal preferences.
If you’re looking for something different, join Captain Scooter for a Shark Fishing adventure in the bay - you might come face to face with your very own “Jaws”! Otherwise, come during the scallop season, and you will be able to enjoy a day out on the water hunting for these tasty morsels.
It doesn’t matter whether it’s your first time on the water or you are a pro – Captain Scooter is great with any angler. He especially enjoys teaching kids and putting them on their first ever fish.
Your trip will include rods, reels, fishing licenses, live bait, and lures, as well as snorkeling equipment. Your catch will be cleaned and filleted for you at the end of the trip.
With Scout About Charters you will have a memorable and eventful day on the water with one of the best Captains
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Carolina Skiff (Skiff) originally built in 2006, and restored in 2016. Powered by a 115HP Yamaha SHO engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 38 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Port St. Joe Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Scout About Charters
- $350 per group, additional $25 per person after 4 guests - Scalloping Trip (AM) (3 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $25 per person after 4 guests - Scalloping Trip (Midday) (3 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $25 per person after 4 guests - Scalloping Trip (PM) (3 hours)
- $350 per group - The Scout About Experience (4 hours)
- $400 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Fishing Trip (4 hours)
- $400 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Fishing Trip PM (4 hours)
- $400 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip - Sharks (4 hours)
- $400 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip - Sharks PM (4 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting (And delivery )
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing (10 miles or less. Trolling)
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Drift Fishing
- Flounder Gigging
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Speckled Trout