Discover the inshore riches of The Sunshine State with South Florida Fishing Charters! Captain Johnny Stabile knows the waters of Lake Ida like the back of his hand and he makes it his business to take his customers where fish are.
Lake Ida is famous for its ample fishing opportunities, especially when it comes to Peacock Bass fishing. Both Largemouth and Sunshine Bass are abundant here as well and they’re always hungry! This is also the playground of Clown Knife Fish that are peculiar looking good fighters that can weigh up to 12 pounds. They pull hard and are very acrobatic, so it’s a joy getting them into the boat.
Not only does Capt. Johnny know all the tricks and hideouts of the fish, he has a reliable boat to take you to your prey. His 22’ Pathfinder is well-suited for different fishing conditions and can fit up to 4 people on board. The vessel sports excellent electronics that will show you where the fish are, a live bait well, and a trolling motor to keep you quiet while sneaking up to your catch.
You’ll be using premium Penn, Shimano, and Daiwa tackle for your angling endeavors, and your guide will also provide live bait and lures as necessary. If fly fishing is your game, make sure to mention it to Johnny in advance, and he’ll prepare the fly equipment for you. Of course, you’re welcome to bring your own gear if you prefer.
If you’d like to come with your kids, they should be at least 6 years old, and you should bring their favorite life jackets. To prepare for your Lake Ida exploration, you’ll also need a freshwater fishing license, drinks, food, and sunscreen.
Let new fishing adventures begin with South Florida Fishing Charters!
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Pathfinder (Bay boat) originally built in 2019. Powered by a 250HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 50 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
FAQs about South Florida Fishing Charters
- $399 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip – Lake Ida (AM) (4 hours)
- $399 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip – Lake Ida (PM) (4 hours)
- $599 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - 3/4 Day Trip – Lake Ida (6 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip – lake ida (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well (Live bait included)
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Shimano, Daiwa, Pe)
- Live Bait (Live bait available if in season )
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (Water )
- Fishing License (Saltwater only. Freshwater must purchase their own.)
- Fly Fishing Equipment (Available on request)
- River Fishing
- Lake Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing (Please notify prior to trip if you want to flyfish)
- Bass (Largemouth)
- Bass (Peacock)
- Clown Knife Fish
- Hybrid Striped Bass