Get ready to track down and catch some big fish with Heavy Hitter Charters! Your captain for the day, Benny Hendrix, is a Florida native with decades of experience fishing the local waters of Fernandina Beach. So if you’re in search of an action-packed adventure with a knowledgable guide who can put you on fish, you’ve come to the right spot.
You’ll be fishing off of a 21’ Carolina Skiff bay boat, powered by a 140 HP Suzuki engine. This boat comes with top-of-the-line fishing gear, electronics, and safety equipment, and is perfect for navigating through shallow waters. She accommodates up to 4 guests and children of all ages are welcome aboard.
Capt. Benny specializes in inshore fishing – targeting Redfish, Black Drum, Spotted Seatrout, Sheepshead, and Tarpon. You’ll explore the backwaters of Fernandina Beach, fishing structures such as jetties and docks, as well as grass beds and oyster bars. Other target species include Flounder and various inshore Shark species such as Blacktip and Bonnethead.
If the weather allows, Capt. Benny also takes his customers out into deeper waters to go after Snapper, Bluefish, Kingfish, and other species that inhabit nearshore waters. No matter your skill level, Capt, Benny will work hard to put you in the right place at the right time and make sure you’re having a great time on the water.
Top-quality Daiwa rods and reels are available on board. You’ll also be provided with artificial lures, as well as live and cut bait, all included in the price. Your fishing license is also covered, so you can come straight to the pick-up location, and the rest will be taken care of.
Just be sure to wear weather-appropriate clothing, bring sun protection, and any snacks and drinks you’d like. Get ready for a fun adventure and choose Heavy Hitter Charters for your next fishing trip!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Carolina skiff (Bay boat) originally built in 2007. Powered by a 140HP Suzuki engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Fernandina Beach Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Heavy Hitter Charters
- $300 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - 2 Hour First-timer Trip (2 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Shark Fishing (2 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Sunset Bull Redfish (2 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 4 Hour Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $75 per person after 2 guests - Big Black Drum Trip (4 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Rods, reels & tackle (Daiwa )
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Nearshore Fishing (Jetty fishing )
- Backcountry Fishing (Grass flats, oyster beds, & docks )
- Light Tackle (Spinning gear for Trout, Reds, Sheepshead, & more )
- Heavy Tackle (Used for Bull Reds, Shark, & Tarpon )
- Black Drum
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Shark (Bonnethead)
- Snapper (Red)
- Spotted Seatrout