If you find yourself in Washington, DC and in the mood to wet a line in some local waters, turn to Osprey Fishing Charters. Captain Rich Johnson is an expert in fishing the Upper Potomac and Occoquan Rivers and he loves to take people out for a fun day on the water.
For the novice anglers wanting to learn how to fish the local waters, a day with Capt. Rich is a great start. He takes pride in his service as an instructional guide and will not only guide you during the trip but will also teach the ins and outs, helping you learn and get experience putting fish in the boat. Parent-child trips are perfect as Capt. Rich can help create a memorable outdoor experience for you and your youngster away from video games and cell phones.
For the experienced anglers, Capt. Rich will put you on the fish and let you get after them. He will work with you to organize a trip to suit your preferences. Explore the Upper Potomac River for fantastic smallmouth bass fishing action in the summer and fall seasons. Or in the spring and early summer, head to the Occoquan River where you can catch largemouth, striper, catfish, perch, or shad. The shad run and largemouth spawn in the spring is epic fishing on the Occoquan.
Capt. Rich accepts 8-hour trips from March through November, depending on location and conditions. He accepts half-day largemouth trips (morning or afternoon) on the Occoquan in the summer. He also accepts half day Upper Potomac smallmouth trips.
Capt. Rich uses Penn, Daiwa, Abu Garcia, and St. Croix equipment, and specializes in soft plastics and crankbaits. You’ll be provided with all fishing and safety equipment. All you need is a valid freshwater fishing license and your own food and drinks. Children 6 and older are welcome. Capt. Rich supports catch and release, but if you’d like to keep a few catfish or perch, feel free to do so. All bass and shad caught on the charters will be returned to the water.
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Tracker Grizzly (Jon boat) originally built in 2017. Powered by a 6HP Mercury engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 10 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
FAQs about Osprey Fishing Charters
- $250 per person - 1/2 Day – Tidal Potomac (AM) (4 hours)
- $250 per group - 1/2 Day – Tidal Potomac (PM) (4 hours)
- $250 per group - 1/2 Day (AM) Bass – Tidal Potomac (5 hours)
- $250 per group - 1/2 Day (AM) Bass – Upper Potomac (4 hours)
- $250 per group - 1/2 Day (PM) Bass – Tidal Potomac (5 hours)
- $250 per group - 1/2 Day (PM) Bass – Upper Potomac (4 hours)
- $350 per group - Full Day – Tidal Potomac (8 hours)
- $350 per group - Full Day Catfish – Tidal Potomac (8 hours)
- $350 per group - Full Day Trip – Upper Potomac River (8 hours)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Abu Garcia, Penn, St. Croix, Daiwa)
- River Fishing (Upper Potomac and Tidal Potomac)
- Lake Fishing (Burke Lake and Occoquan Reservoir)
- Light Tackle
- Bass (Largemouth)
- Bass (Smallmouth)
- Bass (Striped)
- Perch (White)
- Perch (Yellow)