Locally owned and operated, Tropical Sportfisher is a sportfishing charter based in Far North Queensland. Captain Rory Brookes specializes in lure and fly fishing targeting a range of tropical species including Permit and Barramundi. They run tours from Mission Beach, Cairns, and Port Douglas.
If you join them for a trip, the boat you’ll be fishing from will be a 15’ Cairns custom craft powered by a 70 HP Yamaha outboard. Restored in 2018, the vessel’s equipped with everything you’d need for a productive day on the water including Humminbird electronics and a Minn Kota trolling motor. There is also a YETI cooler for all your refreshments.
The charter also offers unique guided tours such as freshwater trekking where you’ll target Jungle Perch and Sooty Grunter. Alternatively, you can opt for fishing inshore wrecks and islands for pelagics and different reef species. The captain will supply all tackle and high-quality outfits for lure and fly fishing. Lunch, drinks, pick up, and drop off are all included in the price as well.
There’s little more you need to do apart from showing up and fishing. Just pack any special drinks and snacks you might want, grab your sunglasses and sun lotion and you’ll be good to go!
Now, take a look at the packages offered below, with so many to choose from, you’re bound to find one that’s just perfect for you. After that, just find an opening in the captain’s calendar that works for you, and your angling adventure can begin!
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
|ID & License verified|
|34 Customer reviews|
|Response time 8 hours|
|Member since January 2020|
About this listing
Cairns custom craft (Aluminum fishing) originally built in 2002, and restored in 2018. Powered by a 70HP Yamaha f70 engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 25 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 3 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Cairns Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Tropical Sportfisher
- AU $550 per group - Half Day Trip–Backcountry Trekking (5 hours)
- AU $550 per group - Half Day Trip–Guided Fly Fishing (5 hours)
- AU $550 per group - Half Day Trip–River and Estuary (5 hours)
- AU $600 per group, additional AU $50 per person after 1 guest - 5 Hour Trip – Inshore Blue Water (5 hours)
- AU $800 per group, additional AU $50 per person after 1 guest - 7 Hour Trip – Lake Tinaroo (PM) (7 hours)
- AU $900 per group - Full Day Trip–Backcountry Trekking (9 hours)
- AU $900 per group - Full Day Trip–Guided Fly Fishing (9 hours)
- AU $900 per group - Full Day Trip–River and Estuary (9 hours)
- AU $950 per group, additional AU $50 per person after 1 guest - Full Day Trip–Inshore Bluewater (9 hours)
- AU $1,750 per group, additional AU $100 per person after 1 guest - Overnight Trip–Lake Tinaroo (16 hours)
- GPS Humminbird Solix 12
- Fishfinder Humminbird Solix 12
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Wireless Trolling Motor Minn Kota 80 lb Pilot
- Ice Box YETI
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Fishing License
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- River Fishing
- Lake Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing
- Bream (Fingermark)
- Coral Trout
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Threadfin Salmon
- Trevally (Giant)
- Trevally (Golden)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Skipjack)