Locally owned and operated, Tropical Sportfisher is a sportfishing charter based in Far North Queensland. Captain Rory Brookes specializes in lure and fly fishing targeting a range of tropical species including Permit and Barramundi. They run tours from Mission Beach, Cairns, and Port Douglas.
If you join them for a trip, the boat you’ll be fishing from will be a 15’ Cairns custom craft powered by a 70 HP Yamaha outboard. Restored in 2018, the vessel’s equipped with everything you’d need for a productive day on the water including Humminbird electronics and a Minn Kota trolling motor. There is also a YETI cooler for all your refreshments.
The charter also offers unique guided tours such as freshwater trekking where you’ll target Jungle Perch and Sooty Grunter. Alternatively, you can opt for fishing inshore wrecks and islands for pelagics and different reef species. The captain will supply all tackle and high-quality outfits for lure and fly fishing. Lunch, drinks, pick up, and drop off are all included in the price as well.
There’s little more you need to do apart from showing up and fishing. Just pack any special drinks and snacks you might want, grab your sunglasses and sun lotion and you’ll be good to go!
Now, take a look at the packages offered below, with so many to choose from, you’re bound to find one that’s just perfect for you. After that, just find an opening in the captain’s calendar that works for you, and your angling adventure can begin!
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Cairns custom craft (Aluminum fishing) originally built in 2002, and restored in 2018. Powered by a 70HP Yamaha f70 engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 25 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 1 day before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Cairns Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Tropical Sportfisher
- AU $480 per group - Half Day Trip–Guided Fly Fishing (5 hours)
- AU $480 per group - Half Day Trip–Backcountry Trekking (5 hours)
- AU $480 per group - Half Day Trip–River and Estuary (5 hours)
- AU $500 per group - Half Day Trip–Inshore Blue Water (5 hours)
- AU $600 per group - Full Day Trip–Lake Tinaroo (6 hours)
- AU $800 per group - Full Day Trip–River and Estuary (9 hours)
- AU $800 per group - Full Day Trip–Backcountry Trekking (9 hours)
- AU $800 per group - Full Day Trip–Guided Fly Fishing (9 hours)
- AU $900 per group - Full Day Trip–Inshore Bluewater (9 hours)
- AU $1,200 per group - Overnight Trip–Lake Tinaroo (16 hours)
- GPS (Humminbird Solix 12)
- Fishfinder (Humminbird Solix 12)
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Wireless Trolling Motor (Minn Kota 80 lb Pilot)
- Ice Box (YETI)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- River Fishing
- Lake Fishing
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Fly Fishing
- Bream (Fingermark)
- Coral Trout
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Threadfin Salmon
- Trevally (Giant)
- Trevally (Golden)
- Tuna (Bluefin)
- Tuna (Skipjack)