Immerse yourself in the wilderness of Everglades National Park with Legacy Charters! Captain Paul has been fishing out of Flamingo since 1997 and professionally guiding since 2018. Whether you’re a novice or a pro, you’ll revel in the incredible rod-bending action of the Everglades.
Your vessel for the day is a 17’ Seastrike, perfect for two anglers but capable of accommodating a third for $100. Depending on the conditions, Captain Paul brings along his 16’ canoe in the boat. The canoe accommodates 2 anglers plus the captain. A Hell’s Bay Skiff is also used on certain trips for tailing Redfish and Bonefish.
Inshore fishing in the Everglades is an unforgettable experience. Snook, Tarpon, and Redfish all lurk within the park. These fish are the day in day out quarry. Rods, licenses, and tackle are provided. All you have to do is make it to the remote town of Flamingo (45 min drive from Homestead, 90 mins from Key Largo). Captain Paul meets his clients at the Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center before embarking on the long road to Flamingo.
Captain Paul is a catch-and-release guide. He believes in conservation and responsible stewardship of the park’s resources. Under special circumstances, he will keep certain species. Make sure to talk with him about that before your trip.
The captain works hard to make sure you have a good time and if you enjoy the trip, a 20% tip is customary. All you’ll need for your trip is enough drinks and snacks to keep you going, polarized glasses, and sunscreen to stave off the Florida sun.
In addition, Captain Paul also offers overnight camping/fishing experiences. He takes care of all your meals and guides you to fish during the day. Talk to Paul about when the best time to camp is and what to expect.
Whether you’re spending a day in the Everglades or camping overnight, Captain Paul wants to make your fishing trip a memorable one! Book with Legacy Charters and experience the Everglades!
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Legacy Charters
- $300 per group - 2 Hour Trip (2 hours)
- $550 per group - 5 Hour Trip (5 hours)
- $700 per group - 8 Hour – Sight Fishing Fly/Spin (8 hours)
- $700 per group - 8 Hour Trip (8 hours)
- $700 per group - 8 Hour Trip – No Motor Zone (8 hours)
- $900 per day per group - 3 Day Trip – Camping/Fishing (3 days)
- Live Bait Well
- Rods, reels & tackle (Star rods, Penn, Florida Fishing Products, Shimano)
- Live Bait (Shrimp, Pinfish, Mullet)
- Lures (Artificial, Paddle Tails, Spooks, Swimbaits, Jigs)
- Fishing License
- Fly Fishing Equipment (TFO Rod, Reddington Reels, Orvis Flyline 9wt-12wt)
- River Fishing (Trolling down rivers)
- Lake Fishing (Fishing hard to access brackish lakes)
- Inshore Fishing (Pitching baits into mangroves )
- Nearshore Fishing (Casting around logs and structure)
- Flats Fishing (Shallow water hunting)
- Backcountry Fishing (Wilderness Remote fishing)
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Shark (Lemon)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Spotted Seatrout
About the Captain
|37 Fishing Reports|
|ID & License verified|
|31 Customer reviews|
|Response time within an hour|
|Member since February 2020|
About this listing
Seastrike (Skiff) originally built in 1995. Powered by a 90HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 30% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: