Whether you’re seasoned angler or you just want to see what the excitement is all about, Happy Dog Charter Fishing is ready to put you on the fish and show you a good time. Captain Roy Heverly has over 30 years of experience as a professional fisherman, so you can bet that you’re in hard-working and experienced hands.
You will be fishing on a brand new custom-built, 27’ Sabalo that comes with all the bells and whistles. Powered by a 300 HP Yamaha 4-stroke, this center console is a safe, comfortable, and fast, fishing machine.
Captain Roy can customize any given trip for your group. He’ll give suggestions and options for you to choose from, which all stem from his great local knowledge. The local weather patterns will usually determine what may be the best option for any given day.
When you’re out with Roy you can expect to pull in a variety of Snapper, Sailfish, Shark, and both King and Spanish Mackerel. There’s a whole host of other species, however, so you can also aim for different species using different techniques.
Roy mostly uses a lot of live bait and he includes it in his price. Sometimes he gets it before the trip, other times during the trip. His fishing license also covers you, so there is no need to worry about that. Once you’re docked back at the shore he’s more than happy to clean your fish for you.
Just take drinks, snacks, and sunscreen (no spray) along with you, and you’re all set to go. With a variety of techniques and target species, when you book one of Roy’s trips you’ll be going on one of the most diverse adventures in the Keys!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Bonefish Boatworks (Center console) originally built in 2019. Powered by a 300HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 3% fee.
Cudjoe Key Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Happy Dog Charter Fishing
- $500 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip – Tarpon (AM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $100 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip – Tarpon (PM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $100 per person after 3 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $1,100 per group, additional $100 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour Trip (Most Popular!) (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing (Most of our trips are less than 10 miles)
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing (Reef fishing is our most popular trip)
- Wreck Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle (We catch big fish with light tackle)
- Bottom Fishing
- Spinning (We use spinning reels exclusively)
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Jack Crevalle
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)
- Snapper (Yellowtail)