The backwaters of the North Keys truly are a stunning place, not just because of the nature but for the potential catches as well. Your captain and guide for the day is Andrew Atwill. He was born and raised on the Keys and knows the flats like the back of his hand.
He’ll take you out on his Maverick flats boat, the best boat for this environment. It was originally built in 1999 and restored in 2018. It’s got some pace to it too. It can go up to 60 knots so you can dash over to Andrews’s favorite fishing grounds in no time at all. It features a raised fishing platform on the bow giving you plenty of space from where you can spy your targets.
There are a great variety of saltwater fish that call the flats of the Keys home. Jack Crevalle, Redfish, Tarpon, Sheepshead, and Mangrove Snapper are all common catches on Andrews’s trips. Trolling, bottom fishing, and even spearfishing are the approaches Andrew takes. Unsure of anything? Don’t be afraid to ask!
He will provide you with good quality Penn fishing tackle on his trips from which you’ll attach the live bait that he will provide for you. With all the great game catches you can pull in, it would be a great shame if you don’t know how to clean and fillet them, so he’ll sort that for you. Your Florida fishing license is also included in the price for these trips so there’s no need to have a concern about that.
He has some water on board so take something sweeter if you wish as well as some snacks if you book a longer trip. Although a lot of the terrain is shaded here it’s still best to come prepared for the sun and hot weather. For a great day of unique flat fishing, you need not look further than Local Grown Charters!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Local Grown Charters
- $350 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Fun Trip (2 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Shark (3 hours)
- $700 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip (4 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Sunset/Night Trip (4 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Tarpon Trip (4 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- $900 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 6 Hour Trip – Offshore (6 hours)
- $1,000 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- $1,100 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour Trip – Offshore (8 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment Equipment provided if needed
- Live Bait Well Pilchard shrimp mullet crab
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Spearfishing Equipment On a good Run out to patch reef and do spearfishin
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (I will provide water)
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (On a good day)
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Black)
- Jack Crevalle
- Shark (Bull)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)
- Snapper (Yellowtail)
- Spotted Seatrout
About the Captain
|ID & License verified|
|195 Customer reviews|
|Response time within an hour|
|Member since February 2020|
About this listing
Pathfinder (Bay boat) originally built in 2018, and restored in 2018. Powered by a 300HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 55 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 3 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 15% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: