The backwaters of the North Keys truly is a stunning spit, not just for the nature but for the potential catches. Your captain and guide for the day is Andrew Atwill. He was born and raised on the Keys and knows the flats like the back of his hand.
He’ll take you out on his Maverick flats boat, the best boat for this environment. It was originally built in 1999 and restored in 2018. It’s got some pace to it too. It can go up to 60 knots so you can dash over to Andrews favorite fishing grounds I’m no time at all. It features a raised fishing platform on the bow giving you plenty of space from where you can spy your targets.
There are a great variety of saltwater fish that call the flats of the Keys home. Jack Crevalle, Redfish, Tarpon, Sheepshead, and Mangrove Snapper are all common catches on Andrews’s trips. Trolling, bottom fishing, and even spearfishing are the approaches Andrew takes. Unsure of anything? Don’t be afraid to ask!
He will provide you with good quality Penn fishing tackle on his trips from which you’ll attach the live bait that he will provide for you. With all the great game catches you can pull in, it would be a great shame if you don’t know how to clean and fillet them, so he’ll sort that for you. Your Florida fishing license is also included in the price for these trips so there’s no need to have a concern for that.
He has some water on board so take something sweeter if you wish as well as some snacks if you book a longer trip. Although a lot of the terrain is shaded here it’s still best to come prepared for the sun and hot weather. For a great day of unique flat fishing, you need not look further than Andrews charters through the mangroves!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Pathfinder (Bay boat) originally built in 2018, and restored in 2018. Powered by a 300HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 55 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Key Largo Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Local Grown Charters
- $300 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Fun Trip (2 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Sunset/Night Trip (4 hours)
- $600 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Tarpon Trip (4 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - 3/4 Day (6 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Full Day (8 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment (Equipment provided if needed)
- Live Bait Well (Pilchard shrimp mullet crab)
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Spearfishing Equipment (On a good Run out to patch reef and do spearfishin)
- Rods, reels & tackle (Penn)
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Drinks (I will provide water)
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (On a good day)
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Black)
- Jack Crevalle
- Shark (Bull)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)
- Snapper (Yellowtail)
- Spotted Seatrout