The waters of Boca Grande are famous for great fishing, so join Shor Drift Charters to test them out! Captain Shannon Hoeckel grew up fishing in the area, so he knows all the best places only locals can show you. He’ll make sure to maximize your time so you can have a successful trip.
The boat you will be fishing on is a 22’ Aquasport center console boat with room for up to 4 anglers. Overhauled in 2014, it’s powered by a clean-burning 150 HP Yamaha engine, meaning you’ll waste no time getting to the best fishing spots. There’s a trolling motor to sneak up on spooky fish, so you can get that bucket list Tarpon!
Capt. Shannon will provide you with all the fishing equipment, and everything you will need for your day on the water, including a livewell bursting with fresh live bait. After a productive day on the water, he’ll be happy to clean and fillet your catch, so you can take it straight to the table upon your return.
In the secluded back bays and murky shallows, and further out on the artificial reefs out in the gulf, there’s a trip aimed at just about anything with gills! The best thing about Boca Grande might be the huge amount of Tarpon over spring and summer, giving the area the name “Tarpon capital of the world”.
You can choose out of a variety of trips set up specifically for the fish or the area you would like to target. Explore the back bays for Redfish, Trout, Pompano, and Snook, spend the whole day wrestling monster Tarpon, or head out to the artificial reefs in search of Goliath Grouper, Kingfish, and Amberjack, as well as some huge Sharks.
Bring your kids on an epic fishing adventure, and create some meaningful memories you’ll remember for years to come. All you need to bring is some food and drinks to stay refreshed throughout the day, and you’re ready.
Explore the beautiful Boca Grande with Short Drift Charters and have a memorable fishing adventure!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Aquasport (Saltwater fishing) originally built in 1971, and restored in 2014. Powered by a 150HP Yamaha 4 stroke engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 5% fee.
Boca Grande Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Short Drift Charters
- $450 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) – Back Bay (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) – Back Bay (4 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip – Inshore/Back Bay (6 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip – Tarpon Night (4 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) – Tarpon (4 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) – Tarpon (4 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip – Reef/Wreck (6 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $25 per person after 2 guests - Full Day Trip – Tarpon (6 hours)
- Air Conditioning
- Fighting Chair
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate
- Fishing License
- Fly Fishing Equipment
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Grouper (Goliath)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Shark (Blacktip)
- Shark (Bull)
- Shark (Hammerhead)
- Speckled Trout