Get down to Gulfport, Florida, and embark on an inshore and nearshore fishing adventure with Scotty J’s Charters, a veteran owned and family operated company. Launching out of Gulfport Municipal Marina, their location gives them quick and easy access to the prime fishing waters in the Gulf of Mexico, the waters surrounding the iconic Sunshine Skyway Bridge, and Tampa Bay. Out on the water daily, they keep a finger on the pulse and are always up to date on fishing conditions.
You’ll be riding out into the Florida sun on a 2021, 26’ Sea Hunt Gamefish center console with room for up to 5 adults and 1 child. Onboard the boat you’ll find up-to-date Garmin fishfinder and chartplotter, radar equipment, live bait wells, and iceboxes to keep your beverages chilled. There’s also a flushable toilet on board.
If you wish to go offshore (depending on the season) you will fish for King Mackerel, Spanish Mackerel, Cobia, both Red and Gag Grouper, Mangrove Snapper, and much more. Depending on the species, this will be done by either slow trolling, drifting, or anchoring over wrecks with their On-Spot GPS anchor.
If inshore is your interest, you are just a short boat ride away from some incredible fishing in the waters surrounding the Sunshine Skyway Bridge and any of the numerous rock piles or ledges targeting many of the same species you would target offshore. In the winter months, you’ll usually switch over to Sheepshead. The captain also offers seasonal Tarpon trips.
All fishing equipment, tackle, bait, catch cleaning, and your fishing license are all included in the price on this trip. Just remember to take some food and drinks along with you.
Scotty J’s Charters promises you a clean vessel, well-maintained equipment, and a fun day on the water! If you have a special request, do not hesitate to ask, if able, the captain will gladly accommodate you. So come out and enjoy the sunshine on the deck or some shade under the large T-top with misters and go catch some fish!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Sea Hunt Gamefish (Center console) originally built in 2021. Powered by 2 150HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 45 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 5% fee.
Gulfport Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Scotty J's Charters LLC.
- $380 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $380 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $580 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (AM) (6 hours)
- $580 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 3/4 Day Trip (PM) (6 hours)
- Toilet (Flushable with onboard holding tank)
- GPS (Garmin)
- Fishfinder (Garmin with Chirp)
- Live Bait Well (40 and 35 gallon live wells)
- Wireless Trolling Motor (Minn-Kota Terrova on-spot gps anchoring system)
- Outriggers (Port and Starboard 15ft taco outriggers)
- Ice Box (3 built in ice chest)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- First Mate (As needed)
- Fishing License
- Inshore Fishing (Egmont key, Ana Maria Island, Tampa Bay )
- Nearshore Fishing (Out to 9 nautical miles)
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Light Tackle
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Grouper (Gag)
- Grouper (Red)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Little Tunny (False Albacore)
- Snapper (Mangrove)