BlackH2oDog Charters offer a hands-on experience on Lake Erie! With Captain David at the helm, you’ll have the best guidance you could have asked for. He’s been fishing on Lake Erie for over 35 years and knows the best spots around the islands of the lake. As you can see from the photos, his trips are very family-friendly and kids are encouraged to participate as well.
You’ll be fishing on a 25’ Scout that accommodates up to 4 guests. This express cruiser has a fully enclosed helm that offers protection from wind and rain, so even a tricky weather won’t spoil your day. The boat is powered by a 225 HP Yamaha engine and features navigational electronics, a live bait tank, and a cooler.
Target Walleye any time from Late March to Thanksgiving (early December). Trolling is the primary method used to catch Ohio Walleye but you can also try with casting and drift fishing. Walleye over 28" are fairly common on Lake Erie, these Fish Ohio category Walleye can weigh 9 to 13 pounds. For the next few years, the average Walleye size will be 18" to 24". You’ll fish the open waters as well as reef structures in shallow and deep water. Besides Walleye, you can also catch Yellow Perch and Smallmouth Bass.
Capt. David covers your fishing equipment, so you don’t need to rent it. Just purchase your fishing license and bring your snacks and drinks. Kids of all ages are welcome to join. The captain loves to show newbies how to use the equipment and catch fish.
Take a trip with BlackH2oDog Charters and have fun on Lake Erie!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Scout (Express cruiser) originally built in 2003. Powered by a 225HP Yamaha engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 40 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Lakeside Marblehead Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about BlackH2oDog Charters LLC
- $225 per group, additional $50 per person after 2 guests - 2 Hour Evening Islands and Eyes (2 hours)
- $350 per group - Walleye with the Dogs (Trip for 2) (6 hours)
- $400 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Sunday PM Walleye 5/30 - 7/4 - 9/6 (4 hours)
- $400 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - Walleye 4 Hour Afternoon (4 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $75 per person after 3 guests - Walleye (AM) (6 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $75 per person after 3 guests - Walleye (PM) (5 hours)
- $450 per group, additional $75 per person after 3 guests - Weekday Walleye (AM) (6 hours)
- $550 per group, additional $50 per person after 3 guests - 6 Hour (Drift/Troll Combo) (6 hours)
- GPS (Raymarine )
- Fishfinder (Raymarine)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Outriggers (Planner Boards)
- Ice Box (Iced Fish Box)
- Rods, reels & tackle (We use St Croix Spinning Rods)
- Live Bait (Night Crawlers are on board for Drift & Cast trips)
- Lures (All of the best producing lures are on board daily)
- First Mate (For your comfort, Capt is 1st Mate, Tipping 20%)
- Lake Fishing (Western and near Central Basin Lake Erie)
- Nearshore Fishing (Fishing waters including Reefs and Shoals)
- Offshore Fishing (Deeper Waters off the Shoals and Reefs)
- Reef Fishing (We drift and Cast the reefs for Walleye)
- Flats Fishing (Spring for pre & post-spawn Trophy Walleye)
- Light Tackle (All methods use 6 to 30 lb diameter line)
- Trolling (Line Counter Reels, Planner Boards and Divers)
- Spinning (Drift and Cast worm harnesses for Walleye)
- Drift Fishing (Drift and Cast worm harnesses for Walleye)
- Bass (Smallmouth)
- Perch (Yellow)
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)