Start your Salmon adventure with HLS Charters at Campbell River! Meet Captain Mike, who has over 30 years of experience targeting saltwater Salmon. These fishing grounds are not only a Salmon fishing scene, as you can enjoy gorgeous surroundings and marine life. In between your fishing battles, take a look at humpback whales, orca pods, sea lions, white-sided dolphins, and so much more.
You’ll be fishing on a 25’ Kingfisher that accommodates up to 6 guests. This amazing boat comes with a private toilet, a multimedia system, a lounge area, and an enclosed cabin. As each group of guests has members who are less enthusiastic about fishing, they can relax - this will be a comfortable ride for all of them.
The boat is powered by a 250 HP Mercury engine that can glide to any fishing spot in no time. There’s also downriggers for trolling, a live bait tank, and a cooler for the catch.
You’ll mainly troll for Coho and Chinook Salmon but they are not the only fish you can catch. If you like to try out bottom fishing, you can get yourself some Lingcod. If the season is open, you get to keep the catch and the captain will clean it for you free of charge.
All your fishing equipment is covered, so your main preparation is getting your fishing license. You can also pack some snacks and drinks and check the weather forecast so you can choose the right clothing for the day.
HLS Charters looks forward to seeing the excitement and smiles when you land your Salmon. Just say when you’re coming!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
|16 Fishing Reports|
|ID & License verified|
|15 Customer reviews|
|Response time within an hour|
|Member since July 2020|
About this listing
Kingfisher 2525 (Saltwater fishing) originally built in 2014. Powered by a 250HP Mercury engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 35 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 7 days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Campbell River Fishing Calendar
FAQs about FISHING/ WHALE WATCHING TRIPS
- CA $750 per group, additional CA $165 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip (AM) (5 hours)
- CA $750 per group, additional CA $165 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Trip (PM) (5 hours)
- CA $1,200 per group - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Toilet Private self contained facility
- GPS Small Commercial Vessel Operators Course
- Fishfinder LOWRANCE HD x 2
- Bed Located foreward under bow
- Refrigerator available
- Multimedia System Internet
- Ice Box available
- Radar Lowrance 4G
- Rods, reels & tackle (Top of the line)
- Lures (Large selection)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Provided on request. Processing available in town)
- Drinks (Some are provided)
- Fishing License (Required. 1 day or two day available online. )
- Inshore Fishing (You will be fishing protected calm waters.)
- Offshore Fishing (Weather permitting we venture off shore.)
- Reef Fishing (We have excellent underwater structure here.)
- Flats Fishing (We have deep sand flats in this area)
- Light Tackle (Trolling or casting with 20lb test monofilament)
- Heavy Tackle (Trolling with 30 to 40 lb test monofilament)
- Bottom Fishing (Heavy 80 to 100 lb braid)
- Trolling ( Salmon and Lingcod can be caught trolling here.)
- Jigging (FUN ! FUN ! FUN !)
- Drift Fishing (All of our jigging for bottom fish is by drifting)
- Salmon (Chinook)
- Salmon (Chum)
- Salmon (Coho)
- Salmon (Pink)
- Salmon (Sockeye)