Saltire Fishing Charters offers the finest fishing on the Atlantic’s rich waters. Join Captain Herndo, the owner and operator of this charter, based in Port Canaveral. Decades of experience vouch for a great service, friendliness, and professionalism. Your guide is looking forward to taking you on his boat and showing you the beauties of the area, all while chasing the fish of your dreams.
The trip starts on a brand new 31’ Sportsman, built in 2020. This open center console is powered by twin 350 HP Yamaha engines and has enough space to accommodate up to 6 guests in comfort. This quick and dry riding vessel will get you to the fishing grounds in no time with a top speed of 61 mph and a cruise speed of 30 mph.
She comes with the latest technology including GPS, Radar, Autopilot, Optimus 360 controls, and twin 17’ Garmin fish finders. The boat is equipped with an overboard discharge head for emergency potty trips as well as a shower. All USCG-approved safety gear is on board as well as a dual live well for fresh bait and a casting platform that is roomy enough for everyone in your party to fish at the same time.
Captain Herndo welcomes families with children and all anglers from skilled to novice. He’ll supply you and your guests with top of the line rods, reels, tackle, and lures. Fresh bait for your trip and the fishing license will also be supplied on your trip.
You and your guests will have many trip options from split charters to 6 hours, 8, and 10 hours trips. You will be using many different fishing techniques to get you the fish of your dreams including bottom fishing, drift fishing, jigging, and deep-sea fishing. No matter what trip you choose you’re in for a great time with Captain Herndo. Ice and water are on board but you are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks for the day.
Book your trip today with Saltire Fishing Charters and Captain Herndo of Port Canaveral, Florida for a fishing trip that will have you coming back year after year!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Sportsman (Center console) originally built in 2020. Powered by 2 350HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 53 knots.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 30% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Cape Canaveral Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Saltire Fishing Charters
- $700 per group - 3 Hour–Boat/Eco Tour (Beach, NASA) (3 hours)
- $875 per group - 4 Hour Trip – Boat Ride / Eco Tour (4 hours)
- $900 per group - 5 Hour Trip–Nearshore Redfish/Snook (5 hours)
- $1,285 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Offshore (6 hours)
- $1,285 per group - 8 Hour – Island/Sandbar Adventure (8 hours)
- $1,715 per group - Full Day Trip – Offshore (8 hours)
- $1,999 per group - 8 Hour Trip–Offshore Jigging (SPJ) (8 hours)
- $2,145 per group - 8 Hour Trip–Offshore Deep Dropping (8 hours)
- Toilet (#1 only, NO #2!)
- Snorkeling Equipment (Can be added upon request)
- Live Bait Well (Multiple live wells )
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Spearfishing Equipment (Can be added upon request)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (Brand new top of the line equipment!)
- Live Bait (We can may use live bait or use cut squid.)
- Lures (We use lures for trolling.)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (We can vacuum seal and ship your catch for a fee!)
- Drinks (We always have extra water on the boat.)
- First Mate (Matthew the Mahi slayer)
- Fishing License (Fishing license included.)
- Lunch (Add on a "snackle boxe" charcuterie board)
- Nearshore Fishing (Book our Inlet/Beach Fishing trip!)
- Offshore Fishing (Book our 3/4 or full day!)
- Reef Fishing (book our half day, 3/4 or full day!)
- Wreck Fishing (book our half day, 3/4 or full day!)
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Gag)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Snapper (Lane)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)
- Snapper (Red)
- Triggerfish (Gray)