Saltire Fishing Charters offers the finest fishing on the Atlantic’s rich waters. Join Captain Herndo, the owner and operator of this charter, based in Port Canaveral. Decades of experience vouch for a great service, friendliness, and professionalism. Your guide is looking forward to taking you on his boat and showing you the beauties of the area, all while chasing the fish of your dreams.
The trip starts on a brand new 31’ Sportsman, built in 2020. This open center console is powered by twin 350 HP Yamaha engines and has enough space to accommodate up to 6 guests in comfort. This quick and dry riding vessel will get you to the fishing grounds in no time with a top speed of 61 mph and a cruise speed of 30 mph.
She comes with the latest technology including GPS, Radar, Autopilot, Optimus 360 controls, and twin 17’ Garmin fish finders. The boat is equipped with an overboard discharge head for emergency potty trips as well as a shower. All USCG-approved safety gear is on board as well as a dual live well for fresh bait and a casting platform that is roomy enough for everyone in your party to fish at the same time.
Captain Herndo welcomes families with children and all anglers from skilled to novice. He’ll supply you and your guests with top of the line rods, reels, tackle, and lures. Fresh bait for your trip and the fishing license will also be supplied on your trip.
You and your guests will have many trip options from split charters to 6 hours, 8, and 10 hours trips. You will be using many different fishing techniques to get you the fish of your dreams including bottom fishing, drift fishing, jigging, and deep-sea fishing. No matter what trip you choose you’re in for a great time with Captain Herndo. Ice and water are on board but you are welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks for the day.
Book your trip today with Saltire Fishing Charters and Captain Herndo of Port Canaveral, Florida for a fishing trip that will have you coming back year after year!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Sportsman (Center console) originally built in 2020. Powered by 2 350HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 53 knots.
Types of Fishing
If it is unsafe to travel, you may still cancel free of charge or change the date(s) of your booking.
When paying the remaining balance with a credit card, there is a 5% fee.
Cape Canaveral Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Saltire Fishing Charters
- $575 per group - Island Hop/River Exploration Cruise (4 hours)
- $650 per group - Port Canaveral Inlet/Beach Fishing (5 hours)
- $775 per group - Half day bottom fishing (5 hours)
- $1,100 per group - 3/4 Day (8 hours)
- $1,250 per group - Full day (10 hours)
- $1,400 per group - Full day deep drop (10 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment (Can be added upon request)
- Live Bait Well (Multiple live wells )
- Wireless Trolling Motor
- Spearfishing Equipment (Can be added upon request)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle (We fish with brand new high dollar equipment!)
- Live Bait (We can stop for live bait or use cut squid)
- Lures (We use lures for trolling.)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (We can vacuum seal and ship your catch for a fee!)
- Drinks (We always have extra water on the boat.)
- First Mate (Matthew the Mahi slayer)
- Fishing License
- Nearshore Fishing (Book our Inlet/Beach Fishing trip!)
- Offshore Fishing (Book our 3/4 or full day!)
- Reef Fishing (book our half day, 3/4 or full day!)
- Wreck Fishing (book our half day, 3/4 or full day!)
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing
- Drift Fishing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Barracuda (Great)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Grouper (Gag)
- King Mackerel (Kingfish)
- Snapper (Lane)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Snapper (Mutton)
- Snapper (Red)
- Triggerfish (Gray)