Welcome to Mighty Heron Charters! Voted best charter fishing boat by the readers of the Ocean City Sentinel for 2021. Capt. Mike’s charter is located in Somers Point, just a few blocks from the base of the Ocean City Ninth Street Bridge and minutes from Garden State Parkway exit 30. Capt. Mike has 45 years of experience fishing the area, from the back creeks to the canyons.
Fish onboard a 28’ Steiger Craft that accommodates up to 6 guests. She’s powered by twin 250 HP Yamaha engines, has the latest Garmin electronics, and a private toilet. This boat is powerful and will get you to the fishing grounds quickly.
This crew simply loves to fish and can accommodate anglers of any age, experience, and aptitude. They take great pride in setting up a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, coaching, and helping you every step of the way. Your enjoyment and entertainment are their top priority! For the experienced, results-driven angler, they’re ready. Capt. Mike provides high quality bait and tackle and always works hard to put you on the fish.
During summer, you can target Flounder and other species in the back bays and Flounder, Seabass, Porgies, and Triggerfish on the ocean structures. On this same ocean trip, you can also troll or snag and drop bait for smaller Tuna, Mackerel, Sharks, and Cobia during the warmer months.
On select dates during the summer, you can head offshore for big game such as Sharks, Tuna, Mahi, and Wahoo. Autumn offers Black Seabass and Tog on the ocean structures as well as Striped Bass. As appropriate, you troll, jig, or cast depending on what is working.
Mighty Heron Charters don’t try to claim to be the "best" and certainly no guarantees. It is, after all, fishing. What they do promise is a professional, organized, experienced, and personable captain and their best efforts to put you on the fish. Welcome aboard!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Steiger Craft 28 Miami DV (Downeast) originally built in 2013. Powered by 2 250HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 28 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 7 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Ocean City Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Mighty Heron Charters
- $325 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Evening Bay (Calm Waters) (3 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Up The River Perch & SB (PM) (3 hours)
- $350 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Up The River Perch & SB (AM) (3 hours)
- $375 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Bay (AM) (3 hours)
- $375 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Afternoon Bay (Calm Waters) (3 hours)
- $400 per group - 3 Hour PM Ocean Fall Stripers (3 hours)
- $425 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Bay AM (Calm Waters) (4 hours)
- $425 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Afternoon Bay (Calm Waters) (4 hours)
- $475 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 5 Hour – Near Ocean Deep Sea AM (5 hours)
- $475 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 5 Hour – Near Ocean Deep Sea PM (5 hours)
- $525 per group - Striped Bass Ocean 4 Hour PM (4 hours)
- $525 per group - Striped Bass 4 Hour Ocean AM (4 hours)
- $600 per group - 6 Hour Fall Striped Bass Ocean/Bay (6 hours)
- $625 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 6 Hour Sea Bass "Deep Sea" Fall AM (6 hours)
- $625 per group - 6 Hour Near-Shore Trolling AM (6 hours)
- $750 per group, additional $25 per person after 4 guests - Fall Mix Striper & Deep Sea (7 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $25 per person after 4 guests - Sea Bass "Deep Sea" 8 Hour Autumn (8 hours)
- $850 per group - 8 - 9 Hour Fall Striped Bass Ocean (9 hours)
- $1,100 per group - Full Day Deep Sea Sea Bass & Tog (10 hours)
- $1,600 per group - Ocean Shark "Big Game" 12 Hours (12 hours)
- $1,800 per group - 14 Hour Ocean Tuna, Mahi and Wahoo (14 hours)
- Toilet (pump-flush private toilet)
- Fighting Chair (Used when appropriate)
- GPS (Simrad)
- Fishfinder (Simrad)
- Live Bait Well (Used when appropriate)
- Outriggers (Used when appropriate)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (As appropriate and when available.)
- Lures (Trolling and casting lures as appropriate)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Cleaned and bagged)
- First Mate
- Fishing License ("License" is boat recreational fishing permit)
- River Fishing (River trips target White Perch and small stripers)
- Inshore Fishing (Primarily Flounder)
- Nearshore Fishing (Striped Bass, Bluefish and Shark)
- Offshore Fishing (Shark, Tuna and Mahi)
- Reef Fishing (Black Seabass, Tog, Porgy and Trigger)
- Wreck Fishing (Black Seabass, Tog, Porgy and Trigger)
- Flats Fishing (Light tackle for stripers (Max. 3 active anglers))
- Light Tackle (River and flats for perch and stripers)
- Heavy Tackle
- Bottom Fishing (Flounder, Sea Bass, Tog, Porgy, )
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Bass (Striped)
- Perch (White)
- Scup (Porgy)
- Seabass (Black)
- Shark (Bull)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Triggerfish (Gray)