Welcome to Mighty Heron Charters! Voted best charter fishing boat by the readers of the Ocean City Sentinel for 2021.
Capt. Mikes is the primary captain/guide.
This crew simply loves to fish and can accommodate anglers of any age and experience level. They take great pride in setting up a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and helping you every step of the way. Your enjoyment is their top priority! For the experienced, results-driven angler, they’re ready. They provide high-quality bait and tackle and always works hard to put you on the fish.
Capt. Mike has 48 years of experience fishing the area, from the back creeks to the canyons. He has been a USCG-licensed, full-time professional captain, guide, and mariner for 17 years. His experience includes towboats and fire/rescue vessels.
Fish onboard a 28’ Steiger Craft that accommodates up to 6 guests. She’s powered by twin 250 HP Yamaha engines, has the latest Garmin electronics, and has a private toilet. This boat is powerful and will get you to the fishing grounds quickly. The vessel is inspected by USCG.
During summer, you can target flounder, weakfish, and other species on the back bays or the ocean. On this same ocean trip, you may also target smaller tunas, sharks, and cobia during the warmer months. You can also head offshore for tuna, mahi, and wahoo.
The Spring and Fall offer Striped Bass, Seabass, and Tog on ocean structures. As appropriate, you jig, cast or troll depending on what is working.
Capt. Mike’s charter has moved to Seaview Harbor Marina, 5 easy minutes from the Ocean City - Longport Bridge and 10 minutes from G.S. Parkway.
Mighty Heron Charters doesn’t claim to be the "best" and certainly gives no guarantees. It is, after all, fishing. What they do promise is a professional, organized, experienced, and personable crew and its best efforts to put you on the fish.
The crew includes a mate to help you. Mates work hard and for tips. So please, a 15% gratuity for the mate is appropr
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
FAQs about Mighty Heron Charters - Let's Go!
- $250 per group, additional $20 per person after 4 guests - Family Fishing Adventure - Bay (PM) (2 hours)
- $375 per group, additional $25 per person after 4 guests - 3 Hour – River Perch/Striper (AM) (3 hours)
- $375 per group, additional $25 per person after 4 guests - 3 Hour – River Perch/Striper (PM) (3 hours)
- $375 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Calm Bay - Afternoon (3 hours)
- $375 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Calm Bay - Evening (3 hours)
- $375 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Calm Bay - Morning (3 hours)
- $425 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Trip - Calm Bay - Afternoon (4 hours)
- $425 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Calm Bay (AM) (4 hours)
- $475 per group, additional $25 per person after 4 guests - 5 Hours Near-Shore Ocean (AM) (5 hours)
- $475 per group, additional $25 per person after 4 guests - 5 Hours Near-Shore Ocean (PM) (5 hours)
- $500 per group - 4 Hour – Striped Bass Ocean Fall (4 hours)
- $675 per group, additional $20 per person after 4 guests - Sea Bass - Autumn - 6 hours (6 hours)
- $750 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Nearshore Trolling PM (6 hours)
- $750 per group - 7 Hour Trip –Tog/Blackfish, Spring (7 hours)
- $800 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 8 Hour Trip, Sea bass "Deep" Spring (8 hours)
- $850 per group - 7 Hour Trip – Cobia (7 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $20 per person after 4 guests - 8 Hour – Sea bass "Deep" Fall (8 hours)
- $975 per group - 8 Hour Trip – Striped Bass Fall (8 hours)
- $1,500 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Tuna, Mahi, Wahoo (12 hours)
- $1,900 per group - 16 Hour Trip – Tuna, Mahi, Wahoo (16 hours)
- Toilet pump-flush private toilet
- Fighting Chair Used when appropriate
- GPS Simrad
- Fishfinder Simrad
- Live Bait Well Used when appropriate
- Outriggers Used when appropriate
- Ice Box
- Radar Simrad
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (As appropriate and when available.)
- Lures (Trolling and casting lures as appropriate)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Cleaned and bagged)
- First Mate (Most of the time except when they are bugging me )
- Fishing License ("License" is boat recreational fishing permit)
- River Fishing (River trips target White Perch and small stripers)
- Inshore Fishing (Primarily Flounder, Weakfish, Bluefish)
- Nearshore Fishing (Seasonally, Tog, Sea Bass, Flounder and Cobia)
- Offshore Fishing (Tuna, Mahi, and Wahoo)
- Reef Fishing (Seabass, Tog, Flounder Porgy, and Triggerfish)
- Wreck Fishing (Black Seabass, Tog, Flounder, Porgy, and Trigger)
- Flats Fishing (Light tackle for stripers (Max. 3 active anglers))
- Light Tackle (All bay and river trips)
- Heavy Tackle (Offshore)
- Bottom Fishing (Flounder, Sea Bass, Tog, Porgy, Weakfish)
- Trolling (As appropriate when in ocean)
- Spinning (Always carried)
- Jigging (Preffered for bottom fishing and Stripers)
- Popping (Always carried)
- Fly Fishing (Must provide own gear)
- Drift Fishing (Bay and Ocean)
- Deep Sea Fishing (Flounder, Sea Bass, Tog, and Porgy)
- Bass (Striped)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Seabass (Black)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Triggerfish (Gray)
Meet the Charter Operator
About this listing
Steiger Craft (Pilothouse) originally built in 2013. Powered by 2 250HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 28 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 1 day before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and save on credit card fees at the dock.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods: