Welcome to Mighty Heron Charters! Voted best charter fishing boat by the readers of the Ocean City Sentinel for 2021. Capt. Mike’s charter is located in Somers Point, just a few blocks from the base of the Ocean City Ninth Street Bridge and minutes from G.S. Parkway exit 29N & 30S. Capt. Mike has 45 years of experience fishing the area, from the back creeks to the canyons.
Fish onboard a 28’ Steiger Craft that accommodates up to 6 guests. She’s powered by twin 250 HP Yamaha engines, has the latest Garmin electronics, and has a private toilet. This boat is powerful and will get you to the fishing grounds quickly.
This crew simply loves to fish and can accommodate anglers of any age and experience level. They take great pride in setting up a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and helping you every step of the way. Your enjoyment is their top priority! For the experienced, results-driven angler, they’re ready. Capt. Mike provides high-quality bait and tackle and always works hard to put you on the fish.
During summer, you can target Flounder, Seabass, and other species on the back bays or the ocean. On this same ocean trip, you may also troll or snag and drop bait for smaller Tuna, Mackerel, sharks, and Cobia during the warmer months.
On select dates, you can head offshore for Tuna, Mahi, and Wahoo. The spring and fall offer Seabass and Tog on ocean structures as well as Striped Bass. As appropriate, you troll, jig, or cast depending on what is working.
Mighty Heron Charters doesn’t claim to be the "best" and certainly gives no guarantees. It is, after all, fishing. What they do promise is a professional, organized, experienced, and personable crew and its best efforts to put you on the fish.
The crew has a mate on your trip to help you. Mates work hard and for tips. So please, a 15% gratuity for the mate is appropriate.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
Food (Lunch & Snacks)
About the Captain
About this listing
Steiger Craft (Downeast) originally built in 2013. Powered by 2 250HP Yamaha engines, with a maximum cruising speed of 28 knots.
Types of fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 1 day before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Pay online in full through FishingBooker and avoid unnecessary hassle with carrying extra cash.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 10% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Ocean City Fishing Calendar
Recent Fishing Reports
FAQs about Mighty Heron Charters
- $250 per group, additional $10 per person after 4 guests - 2 Hour Trip – Family Adventure (PM) (2 hours)
- $365 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour – River Perch/Stripers (AM) (3 hours)
- $365 per group, additional $25 per person after 4 guests - 3 Hour – River Perch/Stripers (PM) (3 hours)
- $365 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Calm Bay (AM) (3 hours)
- $365 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Calm Bay (PM) (3 hours)
- $365 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 3 Hour Trip – Calm Bay Evening (3 hours)
- $420 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Calm Bay (AM) (4 hours)
- $420 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 4 Hour Trip – Calm Bay (PM) (4 hours)
- $475 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 5 Hour Trip – Near-Ocean (PM) (5 hours)
- $475 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 5 Hour Trip – Near-Ocean (AM) (5 hours)
- $640 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 6 Hour Trip – Fall Seabass Deep Sea (6 hours)
- $650 per group - 6 Hour Trip – Nearshore Trolling (6 hours)
- $650 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 6 Hour Trip – Spring Tog Deep Sea (6 hours)
- $750 per group - 7 Hour Trip – Cobia (7 hours)
- $850 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 8 Hour Trip – Spring Tog Deep Sea (8 hours)
- $860 per group, additional $25 per person after 3 guests - 8 Hour – Spring Seabass Deep Sea (8 hours)
- $1,500 per group - 12 Hour Trip – Tuna, Mahi, Wahoo (12 hours)
- $1,950 per group - 15 Hour Trip – Tuna, Mahi, Wahoo (15 hours)
- Toilet pump-flush private toilet
- Fighting Chair Used when appropriate
- GPS Simrad
- Fishfinder Simrad
- Live Bait Well Used when appropriate
- Outriggers Used when appropriate
- Ice Box
- Radar Simrad
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait (As appropriate and when available.)
- Lures (Trolling and casting lures as appropriate)
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Cleaned and bagged)
- First Mate (Most of the time except when they are bugging me )
- Fishing License ("License" is boat recreational fishing permit)
- River Fishing (River trips target White Perch and small stripers)
- Inshore Fishing (Primarily Flounder, Weakfish, Bluefish)
- Nearshore Fishing (Seasonally, Tog, Sea Bass, Flounder and Cobia)
- Offshore Fishing (Tuna, Mahi, and Wahoo)
- Reef Fishing (Seabass, Tog, Flounder Porgy, and Triggerfish)
- Wreck Fishing (Black Seabass, Tog, Flounder, Porgy, and Trigger)
- Flats Fishing (Light tackle for stripers (Max. 3 active anglers))
- Light Tackle (All bay and river trips)
- Heavy Tackle (Offshore)
- Bottom Fishing (Flounder, Sea Bass, Tog, Porgy, Weakfish)
- Trolling (As appropriate when in ocean)
- Spinning (Always carried)
- Jigging (Preffered for bottom fishing and Stripers)
- Popping (Always carried)
- Fly Fishing (Must provide own gear)
- Drift Fishing (Bay and Ocean)
- Deep Sea Fishing (Flounder, Sea Bass, Tog, and Porgy)
- Bass (Striped)
- Dolphin (Mahi Mahi)
- Seabass (Black)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Triggerfish (Gray)