Hook And Leader Sportfishing
Hook And Leader Sportfishing welcomes you to Newport, Michigan and invites you on fun and relaxed fishing trips on the Detroit River and Lake Erie. Captain Geoff Eicholtz specializes in smaller groups so you’ll save money from booking larger boats. The captain’s boat is family-friendly and has tournament-grade equipment that will help you in your pursuit of the lovely freshwater species.
You’ll start your trip on a 22’ Triton 216 Fishunter, a dual console that can carry up to 4 guests and is powered by a 300 HP Mercury engine. For navigation, it uses all the modern GPS, fishfinder, and radio technology that will help you and the captain quickly locate the fish. The boat also uses a Minn Kota wireless trolling motor and features livewell and ice-box.
Some of the prized species you’ll target include Walleye, Northern Pike, Muskellunge, as well as Sturgeon. You’ll catch them by jigging on light tackle and trolling on heavy tackle, and you’re free to keep all the fish you catch. Kids are more than welcome to join the trip and there can be no smoking while on board.
Captain Geoff will provide you with all the tackle, live bait, and lures. You just make sure to bring your fishing licenses, some food, and drinks.
Hook And Leader Sportfishing is waiting for you to have a fun time on the water!
You Keep Catch
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Triton 216 Fishunter (Dual console) originally built in 2017. Powered by a 300HP Mercury engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 55 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 14 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
FAQs about Hook And Leader Sportfishing
- $400 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Lake Erie Perch (6 hours)
- $450 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Lake Erie Walleye (6 hours)
- $450 per group - 3/4 Day Trip – Detroit River (6 hours)
- GPS (Cobra DSC)
- Fishfinder (Dual Lowrance HDS Live)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor (Minkota)
- Ice Box
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- River Fishing (Detroit River)
- Lake Fishing (Lake Erie's Western Basin)
- Light Tackle (Jigging walleye with 6' rods and 8lb line )
- Heavy Tackle (Trolling using boards, divers and crankbaits)
- Trolling (Spring, summer, fall and winter Lake trolling)
- Jigging (Spring river jigging )
- Bass (Smallmouth)
- Muskellunge (Musky)
- Perch (Yellow)
- Pike (Northern)
- Rainbow Trout (Steelhead)