If you and your group want a real down-home charter, book a trip with Finders Keepers Charters and spend the day with Captain Kevin Trahan. Capt. Kevin grew up in Citrus County and has fished these waters since 1982. He’s fully licensed and insured. His local knowledge and outgoing nature will ensure that you not only catch fish but truly enjoy the diverse ecosystems that the Nature Coast offers.
Capt. Kevin will pick you up at your hotel or at a local marina and get you safely to the fishing and scallop grounds aboard a custom 24’ bay boat. Amenities include high-end tackle, Simrad electronics, PowerPole, Rhodan GPS trolling motor, and a custom raised tower to help spot fish from up high.
Expect to target Speckled Trout, Redfish, and Snook in the mangroves, or cruise the flats for Cobia, Tripletail, or Pompano. If you like trolling, come for Grouper and Mackerel in the fall and winter. Summertime brings the annual scallop harvest. Snorkel the gin-clear waters around Crystal River and harvest these tasty bivalves. Custom full and half day charters can be tailored to your needs.
Custom packages are available as well to include shore lunch, sightseeing, and sunset cruises. Capt. Kevin is a retired U.S. Coast Guard Chief and offers a 10% discount to military, police, fire, and rescue personnel.
All fishing equipment, licenses, and bottled water are included in the price.
Finders Keepers Charters hopes to see you on the water soon!
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Aeon (Bay boat) originally built in 2013, and restored in 2018. Powered by a 300HP Mercury Verado engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 45 knots.
Types of Fishing
Customers can cancel or modify their booking up to 3 days before the trip date free of charge. If the trip is canceled or modified later, or in the event of a no-show, 100% of the deposit will be charged.
Crystal River Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Finders Keepers Charters
- $400 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Fishing (5 hours)
- $400 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Half Day Scalloping (5 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Fishing (8 hours)
- $500 per group, additional $50 per person after 4 guests - Full Day Scalloping (8 hours)
- Snorkeling Equipment
- Live Bait Well (40 and 25 gallon tanks )
- Multimedia System (Bluetooth capable stereo with JL power/speakers)
- Wireless Trolling Motor (Rhodan GPS enabled spot lock)
- Rods, reels & tackle
- Live Bait
- Catch cleaning & filleting (Recommend that client brings a cooler )
- Drinks (Water included)
- Fishing License (For up to six )
- River Fishing (Crystal River, Withalacooche)
- Inshore Fishing
- Nearshore Fishing
- Offshore Fishing (Up to 30 miles )
- Reef Fishing
- Wreck Fishing
- Flats Fishing
- Backcountry Fishing
- Light Tackle (For inshore species)
- Bottom Fishing
- Trolling (Accurate level winding reels)
- Spinning (Shimano and Penn )
- Drift Fishing (For trout and pelagics)
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Grouper (Gag)
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spotted Seatrout