When it comes down to the unspoiled flats of the Florida Keys, Kingfisher Backcountry Charters is an excellent choice. Whether you are a curious novice angler or an experienced fly-fisherman, there is a trip for you.
The company is run and operated by Captain Robert Horachek. A lifelong resident of the Florida Keys, he has been mastering these waters since he was a kid. With over 2 decades of fishing experience, Robert runs Kingfisher Backcountry Charters which he named after his late uncle’s charter boat. It was him who inspired Robert to never give up and be a better angler every day. Hoping to make a new legacy in honor of his uncle, Robert shares his wealth of knowledge with his clients and friends.
Master your cast and hone your fishing skills, make your very own “catch of the day” possible and create memories that will last a lifetime. All of that is possible aboard a 17’ Action Craft flats boat, powered by a 115 HP Mercury Pro XS Four Stroke engine. There is plenty of space for up to 2 guests and an array of electronics, gear, and professional accessories to aid your search for the fish.
The list of your potential catches includes Bonefish, Cobia, Grouper, Jack Crevalle, Permit, Snook, Tarpon, Mangrove Snapper, Spanish Mackerel, and Spotted Seatrout.
All trips come with the use of fly fishing gear by Orvis, TFO, and Sage, as well as conventional gear by Shimano, Quantum, and Okuma. Live bait will also be provided along with lures, licenses, and a complimentary fish cleaning service.
You Keep Catch
Catch cleaning & filleting
Rods, reels & tackle
About the Captain
About this listing
Maverick 18 HPX-V (Flats boat) originally built in 2013. Powered by a 115HP Mercury Pro XS Four Stroke engine, with a maximum cruising speed of 30 knots.
Types of fishing
You can cancel or modify your booking up to 14 days days before the trip date, free of charge. If you cancel or modify your booking later, or fail to show up, you'll forfeit 100% of what you've paid.
When the captain confirms your trip, FishingBooker charges your credit card a 20% deposit to guarantee your reservation.
The remaining balance is to be paid directly to the charter operator on or prior to your trip date in one of the following payment methods:
Big Pine Key Fishing Calendar
FAQs about Kingfisher Backcountry Charters
- $500 per group - Half Day Trip (AM) (4 hours)
- $500 per group - Half Day Trip (PM) (4 hours)
- $600 per group - 3/4 Day Trip (6 hours)
- $600 per group - Night Time – 4 Hour Tarpon Trip (4 hours)
- $700 per group - Full Day Trip (8 hours)
- Live Bait Well
- Wireless Trolling Motor Minn Kota Terravoa 24 volt ipliot
- Ice Box Cooler for food and Drinks. Seperate cooler fish
- Rods, reels & tackle (Shimano, Quantum, Okuma, Penn)
- Live Bait (Prepared ahead of time C C V C B B B B N)
- Lures (Lures are used for certain situationsv TV ovvvv B )
- Catch cleaning & filleting
- Fishing License (My boat covers the licesene for all anglers)
- Fly Fishing Equipment (Orvis, TFO, Sage)
- Inshore Fishing (Shark fishing in the channels or flats.)
- Nearshore Fishing (Tarpon - Oceanside, Bridges, Channels, and Basins.)
- Flats Fishing (Bonefish, Permit, Redfish, Snook, Barracudas.)
- Backcountry Fishing (Backcountry fishing is great in the Cold Months)
- Light Tackle (Spinning Rod and Reels - handles can be switched)
- Fly Fishing (Orvis Fly fishing gear. Reels are left handed )
- Grouper (Goliath)
- Jack Crevalle
- Snapper (Mangrove)
- Spanish Mackerel
- Spotted Seatrout